Im looking for others to join me in online collabs.
Online collabing is easy and quite fun.
I have the webspace to upload files back and forth to each other.
I am a guitarist looking for bass,drums,vocals,and another guitarist w/ lead skills.
Im looking for intermediate to veteran musicians.
Knowledge of recording is helpful but i dont mind helping someone whos willing to learn.
I like quality audio (no noobs with soundblaster soundcards please).Or atleast be willing to spend $200 to get a decent interface for good ad/da conversion.
I have several ideas waiting to go,and if you have some ideas as well..hell we can do one of yours first.

I am serious about this as you should be also.
I hate to sound like a hardass w/ demands,but with all of todays technology,there is no need for audio to sound like distorted ass!

Im into many styles of the rock/metal genre.
And i'd like to start this asap.

If you have questions or are game for this..drop me a pm reply back...thanks all!
I've been wanting to do this for a while but every online band/collabs that I've found and signed up for never got off the ground. I play guitar and keyboard and can record using my toneport and software. I'm not the greatest at lead and prefer rhythm, but I can try it and see how it goes.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
Quote by hokiecmo
I've been wanting to do this for a while but every online band/collabs that I've found and signed up for never got off the ground. I play guitar and keyboard and can record using my toneport and software. I'm not the greatest at lead and prefer rhythm, but I can try it and see how it goes.

Well we can try it and see how it pans out...do you have an idea you want to try first?
If so make sure it goes to a click track to make it easier on everyone.

Quote by MurderousIntent
yeh id be down, i play drums, got an electric kit which i put thru my tascam and its gets a nice clear sound, hit me up!

Sweet man,my drummer uses a electric kit live and it sounds nice and tight..cant wait to hear it!

Quote by Rock'n Roll
i'm singer,but idk what style you're talking about hear rock/metal would that mean metallica? my style is really molded around the 60's british bands beatles,kinks,stones,led zepp,etc..

To me personally,it does not matter as long as you/we are feeling it.
You could rap to it for all i care,as long as it sounds good eh?
I do like the modern "sound" of metal..but i do like rock riffs w/ that "metal" sound too.
Im looking forward to hearing some of your work ..i checked out your site..any samples?
Last edited by PsychomanZ at Mar 16, 2007,
Ok, since no-one has posted there own idea,i have taking the liberty of posting one of my own. This is a rough sketch and can be taking into any direction.

I figure we will tranfer mp3's - 16 bit 44 khz (to make it simple on getting the ideas back and fourth) until the final take which should then be a 24 bit WAV file for mixing !!
(if capable)

Included in the ZIP is a couple variations of click tracks,drums,guitar and also a tempo track for Cubase users.

Im working on getting the FTP up (hopefully tonight) so we have a place to host all these goodies!

If you want to hear a rough mix of the idea i have before downloading, you can hear it HERE.

If you would like the seperate files..they can be downloaded HERE.
(PASSWORD PROTECTED-PM ME FOR THE PASS)

If im missing anything be sure to let me know!
Thanks and happy collabing!
Last edited by PsychomanZ at Mar 18, 2007,
Quote by PsychomanZ

To me personally,it does not matter as long as you/we are feeling it.
You could rap to it for all i care,as long as it sounds good eh?
I do like the modern "sound" of metal..but i do like rock riffs w/ that "metal" sound too.
Im looking forward to hearing some of your work ..i checked out your site..any samples?

well, i got one thing recorded on a voice recorder if u give me your email i'll be sure to email it to you
well just do what ya can if your still interested,.. the pass will be in your email.
I'll see what I can add. I also have an idea of something else that I'd like to try when I get a chance to record it. I just got my LTD out of its case and can't find the allen wrench that I had to unlock the nut to put it back into the right tuning...so I'll be looking for it too. I need to drop the tuning a little bit for that one. Anyway, I'll record something asap.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
yeah man,do what ya can..im thinking theres kinda "no chorus" in the song or maybe the beginings too long.....to me.....something is not right, so if you/anyone wants to take out something, or add another part...knock yourselfs out. Also,im thinking, the lead should fall somewhere after that breakdown.
Suprise us!
Has anyone made any changes before i go and record my bass line 100 times to get it right?
do ya need a bass playey cause im pretty much te bees knees
A
Distorted
Reality
Is now a
Necessity
to be
Free
- Elliott Smith
Quote by Siccdragon
Has anyone made any changes before i go and record my bass line 100 times to get it right?

No one has stepped up for guitar..so i guess it stays the way i wrote it!

Quote by Rock'n Roll
psychomanz u get that email i sent u?

yes i did..if you think you can put something to the track i posted, i'd be much appreciated

Quote by Dan of Dans

Someone already has the bass spot,but,dont let that stop you..its always good to have a few options i could make a mix with yours too!

sorry it took so long to respond to you all,..damn the work thing.
PsychomanZ, Siccdragon is the bass player in my band I was telling you about, incase he hasn't told you. As far as screams go, hopefully I can record something this weekend, unless Rock'n Roll would like to do singing/screaming on his lyrics and just let me know what he wants screamed. If not, I can come up with my own lyrics, but it'll take a few days
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i think im gonna need something a little longer than that to start writing to.
I could not get a feel for it because it was so short..if that makes sense.
Quote by Dan of Dans

Since this is just an online thing, maybe we can have two bass parts?(obviously they'd have to fit together) Who says it has to follow the rules?
Hey guys, got my new gear up and going and I should have something recorded today (or if I can't seem to get it down in the first 5,000 times tomorrow lol). I had planned to add a bit to that guitar track and also post my idea for a second song as well but the latter I haven't quite finished writing yet. I can't wait to see how this turns out! I'm excited! I've never been in a band before seeing as how as soon as I got where I thought I was good enough to start trying to find some people to mess around with I got hurt and can't walk for a few months.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
Quote by hokiecmo
Hey guys, got my new gear up and going and I should have something recorded today (or if I can't seem to get it down in the first 5,000 times tomorrow lol). I had planned to add a bit to that guitar track and also post my idea for a second song as well but the latter I haven't quite finished writing yet. I can't wait to see how this turns out! I'm excited! I've never been in a band before seeing as how as soon as I got where I thought I was good enough to start trying to find some people to mess around with I got hurt and can't walk for a few months.

Cool, I look forward to hearing what you add to it, I think I'll wait up a bit on finishing my lyrics to see what you add first, different lyrics may go better after the change
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Man, all my ideas sounded great in my head but when I played them back over top of what we have already they sounded like crap. Go ahead and do the lyrics and maybe that'll give me some more ideas when I hear that. Sorry to disappoint
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
Quote by hokiecmo
Man, all my ideas sounded great in my head but when I played them back over top of what we have already they sounded like crap. Go ahead and do the lyrics and maybe that'll give me some more ideas when I hear that. Sorry to disappoint

thats why you pan the 1 guitar track i gave you like 75% left and yours 75% right..then we will blend the two.
Alteast lets hear what ya have man!
Quote by PsychomanZ
thats why you pan the 1 guitar track i gave you like 75% left and yours 75% right..then we will blend the two.
Alteast lets hear what ya have man!

Agreed, we can most likely make it work, just switch a few things around. I think I'll start writing my lyrics tonight, should be done by tomorrow if all goes well. Is there anything in particular you'd like them to be about? Like, if you invisioned a certain lyrical part to it, let me know
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Siccdragon
Since this is just an online thing, maybe we can have two bass parts?(obviously they'd have to fit together) Who says it has to follow the rules?

yeah im game.
Hey, I've been travelling the past 2 days so I'll re-record tomorrow. I had those parts but wound up deleting them because I thought they sounded horrible. I don't have too much experience with panning, so I didn't think to do that.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
I keep forgetting to put the song on my mp3 player so i can listen to it whenever I'm not home, but I just did that, so I'll have lyrics soon, sorry for the delay
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ok, wrote some lyrics, hopefully I can record them this weekend or something cause I tried on my computer and with the setup i have it ends up sounding like crap.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com