america
75 46%
england
88 54%
Voters: 163.
Page 1 of 4
america or england?

wait for't poll...

I mean, in england, we have classics like faulty towers, but we still make good comedy, like never mind the buzzcocks, the mighty boosh, and dead ringers.

Im not quite up to date with American tv, but I know they bring out about 23837483 romantic comedies a year.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
England for witty, simply great jokes (stand up and shows- e.g Jack Dee, Jimmy Carr, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Dead ringers [bloody hilarious i might add].
American for sitcoms such as friends & everyone loves ramond (haah i love that)
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by jmilli2
Fawlty Towers

oh yeah... sorry...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yeah it depends, i like a lot of older British comedy, but i havent really cared for any new comedic stuff thats come out of Britain (and i absolutely hated the Office, although the American version was even worse), and i generall like American stand up comics more than British stand up comics.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, Black Adder, Mr. Bean, Porridge. Need I say more? America mostly have crappy comedies.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Mar 15, 2007,
America for stand up, but England makes better TV, at least recently.

Come on, you can't stand up to early South Park.
Dickless.
overall i think america, but my 2 favs are Benny Hill and Eddie Izzard
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
And what about belgian comedy?
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
Quote by Shea Donoghue
Depends.

it really really does. wouldn't a "favourite comedian/comedy channel/comedy show" have been a better idea?

Quote by Harmonius
Only Fools and Horses, Black Adder, Mr. Bean, Porriage. Need I say more? America mostly have crappy comedies.
forgot completely about them, yes they are amaaaazing
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

England has a real dry humor, only the English get sometimes. I'm not saying I don't like it, but a lot of my friends find it annoying... basically because there dumb. American comedy, on the other hand, has a more universal humor about it. (Such as being kicked in the nuts videos, or Chuck Norris jokes.)

You can't tell me you don't laugh when a little kid gets kicked in the nuts by Chuck Norris. It's the better of both worlds.
I made this exact same thread. "British Humour Vs American Humour"

The UK won by a landslide

Edit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533885&highlight=british+humor
I think America has slightly better stand up comics. I've never seen an English comedy except for a few Monty Pythons., but I know that America's suck...badly.

Quote by robopirate

They do have a few gems though, gotta love Scrubs.

+ 9000.
Quote by Yngwi3
England for wit, American for sitcoms

Most american sitcoms are awful. Lots of situations and no comedy.

Everybody Loves Raymond + Hope and faith ( my sister insist on watching it on abc1) are awful awful shows.

Quote by robopirate
Most american sitcoms are awful. Lots of situations and no comedy.

Everybody Loves Raymond + Hope and faith ( my sister insist on watching it on abc1) are awful awful shows.

oh im sorry but i gotta say i do like everybody loves raymond haha
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Stand up can get no better than America:

Cosby, Hedberg, Carlin, Cook, Pryor, the list goes on and on.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Yeah, i prefer british comedy too, but i do like some american stuff. You can't really say one is better though, it's all down to taste.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
overall england, but i do love the scrubs-type humour like naked gun, airplane, top secret, family guy, futurama etc etc
If you HONESTLY think that American humour is funnier, taking most "funny" American programs (lets see.. friends, desperate housewives, will and grace? and so forth, oh and ugly betty.. isn't that funny.) and pit them against stuff like Peep Show, The Office, Python, Spaced, etc etc the differences in quality, care, dedication, skill and originality are so far apart its like comparing a homemade burger to one from Mcdonalds.
Okaay...Since noone is in favor of Belgian comedy I think I'll go for British comedy. They don't show as many British comedies on Tv as American ones but I just never met a bad British comedy show
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
England has a real dry humor, only the English get sometimes. I'm not saying I don't like it, but a lot of my friends find it annoying... basically because there dumb. American comedy, on the other hand, has a more universal humor about it. (Such as being kicked in the nuts videos, or Chuck Norris jokes.)

You can't tell me you don't laugh when a little kid gets kicked in the nuts by Chuck Norris. It's the better of both worlds.

You sound like the kind of person who would laugh at epic movie*...

*It is not worthy of my capitalisation.
Quote by rbmason
Stand up can get no better than America:

Cosby, Hedberg, Carlin, Cook, Pryor, the list goes on and on.

Jimmy Carr
Bill Bailey
Jack Dee
Tony Hancock,
Peter Cook,
Dudley Moor

im sorry but my list far surpasses yours
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

British comedy series >>>>>>> everything else.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by robopirate
You sound like the kind of person who would laugh at epic movie*...

*It is not worthy of my capitalisation.

you sound like a robot pirate. n00b.
All the American 'comedy' I've watched pretty much sucked. I just don't find it funny at all
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by raise_the_dead
British comedy series >>>>>>> everything else.

t00 tr00.

Scrubs is worthy of note, yet it screams of Americana - at least it doesn't have canned laughter, though.
Quote by Yngwi3
Jimmy Carr
Bill Bailey
Jack Dee
Tony Hancock,
Peter Cook,
Dudley Moor

im sorry but my list far surpasses yours

half of those people arent very funny, all of the people on the other guys list where however.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Jackolas
If you HONESTLY think that American humour is funnier, taking most "funny" American programs (lets see.. friends, desperate housewives, will and grace? and so forth, oh and ugly betty.. isn't that funny.) and pit them against stuff like Peep Show, The Office, Python, Spaced, etc etc the differences in quality, care, dedication, skill and originality are so far apart its like comparing a homemade burger to one from Mcdonalds.

Do you HONESTLY think those are the funniest american programs?I don't like any of those shows you listed.
Definately uk, you can't beat jimmy carr, lee evans, johnny vegas and peter kay, most american sitcoms are based around the same thing and are "factory made"
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
half of those people arent very funny, all of the people on the other guys list where however.

They're only 'not funny' if you are either 13 and dont understand wit, or have the same amount of wit as an oak tree
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

This is a bit off topic but it's about an american comedian.

He has been on Have I got news for you ( not buzzcocks) a few times short curly hair ( I think ) pretty sarcastic. I was trying to find his name the other day.

If anyone has any idea who am talking about it I would love you forever if you told me.
Last edited by robopirate at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by Masamune
Do you HONESTLY think those are the funniest american programs?

Not at all, but I know plenty of people who do - I can't watch them without thinking how unoriginal and unintelligent they are; I am not a puesdo intellectual but you can tell straight away ugly betty is a one trick pony and made to make primarily $$$.
I don't care for Jim Carr. I watched a whole hour long stand up, and it wasn't that good. In his defense though, the crowd was horrible, which in turn makes the comedian suck more.
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
I don't care for Jim Carr. I watched a whole hour long stand up, and it wasn't that good. In his defense though, the crowd was horrible, which in turn makes the comedian suck more.

aw Jimmy Carr is so witty though he can make up such crude insults in a flash- i went to go see him live haha i was cracking up
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Page 1 of 4