right, so im doing a bass piece with drums (that my friend is playing) to help him out with a music project at school and i have to make a solo for it, i have no idea where to start or what to do, im not all that good so cant play anything hard and i know i should but i dont know much theory stuff. anybody know what i should do?
Quote by Jackolas
If I opened an Indian my slogan would be...

"If you don't crap your pants within five minutes of consumption you get a free warm soda!"
well, u should learn a scale or 2. then use that to make some cool bass runs up the neck. and maybe if u got something cool at the top of the neck, move it down and maybe you might get a better sound. just mess ariund till you get something. if you know how to slap, add that in there.
GEAR:
*peavey valveking head and cab
*Jackson king v
*Shure wireless system
*dunlop crybaby from hell
*digi-tech bad monkey(boost)

RIP DIME
kk thanks il look at a scale or two, sure i will get something sorted, thanks
Quote by Jackolas
If I opened an Indian my slogan would be...

"If you don't crap your pants within five minutes of consumption you get a free warm soda!"
yeah i agree with him.

get a scale and work at it and then play around with the notes of it and bam

Jez
Watch John Entwistle's solos from 5:15 off youtube... they're just bass n' drums, and you can probably learn them by ear
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
go watch victor wooten and steve smith.Jus go to youtube and type in victor wooten vs. steve smith.I think ull be amazed
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble