Does anyone know of any weird effects you can do to your guitar? I am not talking about pedals and that kind of stuff, but like the kind of effect where you can put a vibrator on your pickup to make a weird noise. Or a leafblower on the pickup. Anyone know anything you can do???
Quote by donpablo
...put a vibrator on your pickup to make a weird noise...

Strangest... pick... ever.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
i dont know the exact way of doing it but you can attach the guitar chord to your bridge or tremelo and instead of the guitars output and it makes a noise. i heard about it in a guitar magazine with tom morello
Quote by Hakael
Strangest... pick... ever.

Ever heard "Psycho" by System of a Down?

A vibrator was usedto fret the notes in the intro.
^^

It's simple but I use a wah and my tremolo arm on my strat at the same time, you can get some cool sounds.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
take a drill and play the strings with it, that shit sounds cool. i forget who did that... paul gilbert maybe?
i use my broken cord or a screwdriver and run it along the e string...makes some weird sounds
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by MetalDisease
take a drill and play the strings with it, that shit sounds cool. i forget who did that... paul gilbert maybe?

Yes. That's what I was gonna post before I came across yours.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EIuoS4ivFV4

You can press your neck/voice box thing on the strings and talk. But it won't pick up very many full words because for example you can't say "penis" because the "s" sound is not made by your voice.
Last edited by cloud041089 at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by Keef-is-king
cut your strings.

it pings like mad, sounds wicked and prevents you from playing more crappy music.

bwahaha.

smacking the neck (lightly) with something metallic is fun.
Strum for guitar strings with a violin. Not a bow, an actual violin, so the 2 sets of strings rub.
Quote by Tallman
Ever heard "Psycho" by System of a Down?

A vibrator was usedto fret the notes in the intro.

ive never heard that,live he jus tremelo picks the intro...where did u hear he used a vribrater?
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
In the vein of Gilbert, if you put the body next to any motor it sounds awesome.

If you combine pinch harmonics near the headstock with wah it sounds like a talkbox too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by natel0083
Strum for guitar strings with a violin. Not a bow, an actual violin, so the 2 sets of strings rub.

Spinal Tap much?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone