Cover that a friend and I did of Fear Factory's "Body Hammer"

I played bass and guitar and he filled in the drums and sound effects using Fruity Loops. Unfortunately the two of us wern't blessed with great metal voices so there isn't any vocals . Let me know what you think.

Body Hammer

Check out a few other originals that we did:

Put On Your Dancing Shoes and Lets Rock!!! \m/

Obscure
Last edited by Distortion788 at Mar 18, 2007,
That was awesome guys. Tone was spot on, drums were recorded beautifly, and the playing was all great. However, the mixing is a little off; I think the guitar needs to be turned up a notch. For some reason, it just didn't right.

Everything else was great across the board. What was your setup for the guitar?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by ibaRGnez321
That was awesome guys. Tone was spot on, drums were recorded beautifly, and the playing was all great. However, the mixing is a little off; I think the guitar needs to be turned up a notch. For some reason, it just didn't right.

Everything else was great across the board. What was your setup for the guitar?

Yea on some parts the guitar does get drowned out a bit. I lost the original file that had it all mixed so I can't fix it which sucks The drums were made with a program called Fruity Loops.

I recorded the guitar using my ESP Eclipse II with an EMG 85 in the bridge plugged directly into my ENGL Powerball. I'm using a Sennheiser e609 mic to my Marshall 1960b Vintage cab (4x12 V-30's). I had to EQ the guitar a bit in Cubase to get it to sound a bit more like the original track tho. Thanks for the review
Last edited by Distortion788 at Mar 16, 2007,
^Great stuff dude. Awesome setup. Can't wait to hear more.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
pretty damn good if you ask me! Did you do the drums with the Guitar Pro to fruity loops trick, or did you just make them right in fruity loops? Regardless, they sound sick! You nailed all the breaks and sound effects perfect! The tone almost makes me wanna check out a powerball actually. I've never touched an engl, but i wanna see what their like because of that!
Quote by ready2breakdown
pretty damn good if you ask me! Did you do the drums with the Guitar Pro to fruity loops trick, or did you just make them right in fruity loops? Regardless, they sound sick! You nailed all the breaks and sound effects perfect! The tone almost makes me wanna check out a powerball actually. I've never touched an engl, but i wanna see what their like because of that!

Thanks man. He made the drums right in Fruity Loops he is pretty sick with that program. He also did all of the sound effects in the back track. The Powerball is a good amp. Definitely is worth at least playing a few times. You either love or hate ENGL's. There really is no in between.