I have a Line6 spider 2 halfstack for about 4 months now. Just today i started getting this nasty feedback. Anyone know whats wrong?
Quote by Arlabester
line6's are famous for not being so reliable.

Word.

Just try to stand away a little, if that doesn't work you might want to buy a noisegate. I don't use any of this crap, simply turn the volume down. Feedback is awesome, if your feedback isn't nasty you can shape it and use it in solo's, but it's line6 so eh.
Feedback, as in Hendrix-in-Star-Spangled-Banner feedback, or as in background hum? A lot of people confuse the two.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Feedback, as in Hendrix-in-Star-Spangled-Banner feedback, or as in background hum? A lot of people confuse the two.

There's also unpotted-pickup feedback; AKA microphone-too-close-to-speaker feedback; which is the worst of all.
Quote by cokeisbetter

im not really sure its mostly when im not playing even tho u can hear it some wut when I am playing.
Quote by Arlabester
line6's are famous for not being so reliable.

Word...um....twice.

Anyway yeah, what kind of feedback? The Spider II has a built-in noise gate, look at the manual to see how to turn it on. But if your feedback is like, hold a note and after a while it starts to squeal feedback, that is cool, and doesn't need fixing.
Last edited by which ones pink at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by which ones pink
Word...um....twice.

Anyway yeah, what kind of feedback? The Spider II has a built-in noise gate, look at the manual to see how to turn it on. But if your feedback is like, hold a note and after a while it starts to squeal feedback, that is cool, and doesn't need fixing.

yeah i turned the noisegate on and now it gone, thanks abunch
Quote by which ones pink
Word...um....twice.

Unless you play jazz....

or country....

or gospel...
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by mr_hankey
There's also unpotted-pickup feedback; AKA microphone-too-close-to-speaker feedback; which is the worst of all.

It gets exponentially louder until everybody dies!

But yes, you've probably switched the noise gate off if disappears when you play (i.e. ground the guitar signal).
Love is not a victory march.