Hey there are some songs that i want to play really well but i cant cause i dont get all these crazy tunings like "drop d" whats that then?!
yeah wait till you decide to use an open tuning (such as Open G) those start getting a little wacky.
Drop D? Crazy.

Look up an I Killed The Prom Queen / Parkway Drive tab. Now that's crazy.

And I can get there by ear.
/gloat.
R E G G A E
Quote by TheDarkestNights
Drop D? Crazy.

Look up an I Killed The Prom Queen / Parkway Drive tab. Now that's crazy.

And I can get there by ear.
/gloat.

lol those arent crazy.. its just drop B i believe.

Iktpq might even be in drop c.
I have been playing guitar for about three years and a while back I was using altered tunings, snapped a string. So now I'm just trying to stick to normal tunings lol.
You guys are helpful lets insult the kid for asking a question there was a time when you didnt know any of those tunings either
Quote by zro79skt
You guys are helpful lets insult the kid for asking a question there was a time when you didnt know any of those tunings either

Nothing really relevant in your post.....

I warned who needed to be warned.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Crazy guitar tuning = New Stardard tuning by Fripp.
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Quote by Tenacious S
I have been playing guitar for about three years and a while back I was using altered tunings, snapped a string. So now I'm just trying to stick to normal tunings lol.

why is there such a thing as higher tunings?
u have done it agen rob...made a total prick of urself, as tht guy sed, 4seconds to find it on google...bt u waste these good peoples rock time to ask them about tunings....pffft