When I play an individual note, my guitar doesnt have fret buzz. However, when I start playing barre/power chords with a little bit of force, there appears to be a lot of fret buzz. I raised my action (to the point where it felt like an acoustic) and only then did the fret buzz go away when doing barre/power chords..

So my questoin is: Is this normal to have buzz when ur playing barre/power chords around the middle of the neck?
Well, if it's only with chords it could be that your fingers aren't strong enough, or not controlled enough, to hold down all the strings equally...?
Quote by Y00p
Well, if it's only with chords it could be that your fingers aren't strong enough, or not controlled enough, to hold down all the strings equally...?

Nope, I play acoustic usually so electric strings are REALLY easy to push down relative to acoustic strings.
Quote by fsb_ben
Nope, I play acoustic usually so electric strings are REALLY easy to push down relative to acoustic strings.

I see. Then, I can't quite help you from the details you gave me... so don't mind me.
It must be that your chord shapes aren't perfect. Try spending like a minute on making a perfect barre chords where every note sounds out. If you don't hear any buzz, than my friend, you have some practicing to do. But if u still hear buzz, try playing every single fret on your guitar to see where the problem is.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
it depends on how your doing it, it could be how your picking it, could be the pickup, could be that your chord form isnt good. i would take it to a local music shop/guitar teacher/guy at guitar center and just show him what you are doing and they can probably help. That probably wont help much but it is hard to help when i cant see you play it. and my guitar doesnt buzz when i play chords with force

peace, jbles
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
It depends on how much force you're talking about. If you're trying to rape your guitar, of course it's going to make some noise.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
what is it tuned to? If you are down tuning heavier strings might do the trick
WTLTL 2011
^bingo.

on electric ur apt to hear fretbuzz when playing acoustically.
especially if ur used to playing / strumming acoustic guitars.

if this is Not the case, we can measure ur neck angle, make sure u dont have a setup problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Silky Smooth
Do you hear buzzing through your amp? If not I wouldnt worry about it.

Quote by jj1565
^bingo.

on electric ur apt to hear fretbuzz when playing acoustically.
especially if ur used to playing / strumming acoustic guitars.

Thank you kind Sirs!
when you transfer from an accoustiic , ur striking a bit too hard for an electric.
It just takes a little bit of time to adjust.
It also depends on the gauge of the pick Ur using.
You can also compensate with a lighter pick such as dunlop types picks.

Buzzing sometimes are not carried to the amp.

It also depends if the guitar has proper neck relief.
Sometimes you get a new Guitar with improper neck relief due to changes in
temperature and pressure/ altitute. (shiping)

An average neck relief has a slight bow at the middle of the neck.
Most guitar set up in music stores are lame. But it also depends on
what type of music you're into.

Do reserch before you go and adjust the neck.
it's not that complicated if you follow simple directions.
or you can take it to a nearest music store.

The closer to proper neck relief, the lower you'll be able to lower the action.

While you're at it. if you have a tuner. you might as will
adjust for proper innotations. Most new guitar do not have perfect
innotations...it's close.
Last edited by Ordinary at Mar 15, 2007,