Well, I have a cheap Montana CL141, and have really decided to start getting into acoustic music. Currently I have about $500 to spend, and I've been looking at both the Breedlove AD200 and the Taylor Big Baby model. I've hit a crossroad as to which I want to get as I really like both of them. To give you an idea of what I'm currently playing, I'm starting to get into some JK style tapping and some acoustic blues.
taylor, no argument.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Ok well even though im a huge taylor fan, im going to have to go with the breedlove. If you have only $500.00 u will get the better value out of the breedlove by a lot.
Quote by Matic
Ok well even though im a huge taylor fan, im going to have to go with the breedlove. If you have only $500.00 u will get the better value out of the breedlove by a lot.

+1
I'm a Taylor fan too, but the Big Babys just don't make the cut.
that specific taylor is a piece of crap. seriously. a piece of crap. plus, taylors are not only usually overpriced, but WAY overpriced in this price range, breedlove will be 6321651654x better. (i have a taylor big baby and a breedlove ac25/sm that i got for 450 used. best guitar ever hahah.)
Quote by Nick B
that specific taylor is a piece of crap. seriously. a piece of crap.

I have to agree with that. The big baby is a poorly built guitar. The 200 searies is nice, and 300+ are all very nice, but the big baby isn't. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the big babay doesn't sound great, because it does sound great, but it isn't a well built guitar.
Not taking any online orders.
Yeah, just backing up whats already been said.
Taylor (and Martin for that matter) make excellent guitars in the higher price ranges, but when your in a lower or mid end price range you are paying alot of money for the brand name. Still good guitars I'm sure, but just not good value for money seeing as for the same price you can get much better guitars from different manufacturers.
breedlove taylor is a great company but that guitar just doesnt cut it
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
save your money.... you wouldnt want a small sized taylor, and honestly, people are crazy over breedloves, but they arent for me...save up about 800-900 and get an ovation,martin,or a takamine... (i would pick ovation, best for my style of music)
Save up just a little more and get into a Taylor 110 and you got yourself a competition. I have a Taylor and love it (I returned a Breedlove AD25SR plus) but you really wouldn't be happy with a Big Baby.
Taylor GS8 Rosewood/Spruce