hey,

im determined to change by 3 tele vintage barrels (made of chromed steel) to brass ones. apparently brass sounds much, much better and is well worth it. I have a vintage style bridge and i find it really comfortable and nice to rest my hand on. i was going to just go for 3 brass barrels like on the '52 teles but my teacher said to buy a modern bridge with 6 brass saddles for better intonation. thing is my intonation is spot on at the moment even with only 3 chrome saddles. i find the modern bridges less comfy but they are supposed to be better.

should i get 3 brass saddles and keep the vintage bridge or get a modern bridge with 6 brass saddles? also on the fender website ive seen a vintage style bridge with 6 saddles, but ive never seen them in a shop. do they exist in the uk? are they worth getting?

thanks
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
the 6 saddles do not have as much sustain or tone... with the 3 saddle ones theres more pressure which means more sustain
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
If your intonation already is dead on, stick with the vintage. It looks a lot better then the modern as well.
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.