i have a dean dime from hell guitar, and it has a bill lawrence xl500 bridge pickup and a standard dean neck pickup, which i was thinking about swapping out for something different. any ideas? and is it worth it? i dont know much about pickups...
#3 of the dean owners club. PM g1asseye to join
swap out the neck for a seymour duncan or something
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Quote by M4jorpiz
swap out the neck for a seymour duncan or something

yeh thats what i was thinking about
Duncan '59, thats what Dime used in his.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
generall speaking, if the pickup is the same brand as the guitar, its probably the standard for the model. it probably isnt crap but you could get something better
Quote by dean_from_hell
i have a dean dime from hell guitar, and it has a bill lawrence xl500 bridge pickup and a standard dean neck pickup, which i was thinking about swapping out for something different. any ideas? and is it worth it? i dont know much about pickups...

I believe Mr. Dimebag used those Bill Lawrence pickups. The XL500 was in the bridge anyway, and he probably got a Bill Lawrence neck to compliment the bridge one. Is there a problem with your sound?
Quote by Mwoit
I believe Mr. Dimebag used those Bill Lawrence pickups. The XL500 was in the bridge anyway, and he probably got a Bill Lawrence neck to compliment the bridge one. Is there a problem with your sound?

i liove the bill lawrence xl500 but i just think the dean pickup isnt as good, so if my sound could be improved with a better neck pickup