Wel i'm planning on buying a 50 watts tube head, and now my bassplayer is giving me shit about 50 watts pure tube power not beeing enough I almost died of a heartatack trying to convince him it actually is enough.
So just for some confirmation, 50 watts tube is enough isn't it? (for rehearsals and stuff)

Tx in advance
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
www.myspace.com/tubelightband
a 15 watt tube amp is load enough to keep up with drums 50 watts is proboly too much lol
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Your bassist is... a bassist. Bass amps need more power because it's harder to amplify lower frequencies. 50 watts tube is plenty.
Yeah i have a 50 watt tube, its more then enough.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
50 is even good for a full band
My gear:
Line 6 spider 2 75 watts
ibanez rg 570
fender hss hwy 1 stratocaster
washburn acoustic
Owk tx this was what i needed always a bit carefull when it comes to making decisions about new material so the littlest thing makes me doubt
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
www.myspace.com/tubelightband
Quote by Roc8995
Your bassist is... a bassist. Bass amps need more power because it's harder to amplify lower frequencies. 50 watts tube is plenty.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Roc8995
Your bassist is... a bassist.

+2
Just what I was thinkin!! haha, funny because its true!!

But ya 50 watts is plenty enough, imo anything over is a waste unless you use a attenuator.
bring that amp. Crank it and see what your bassist says.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
bring that amp. Crank it and see what your bassist says.

basically.

Just switch it on standby, crank it up and walk out of the room, tell him to flip it back off and start wailing away.

It'll change his mind right quick.
50 watts is PLENTY to gig with and its most likley more than you will ever need.
It depends on what kind of guitar you're playing and what kind of amp it is.

In terms of sheer volume you could easly play with a 20 watt amp. But there are a great many amps out there that simply don't have enough clean headroom to work well for live situations.

Right now I've got a Mesa Roadster which is 100 watts, and I still find there not to be quite enough clean headroom for my liking, while on my 50 watt Fender there's plenty to spare.

As for Volume, there's really not a whole lot of difference between 50 and 100 watts, I think it's something like 5-10db. Either way turned to 10, they'd both blow the roof off of pretty much any venue you're likely to play at.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
basically.

Just switch it on standby, crank it up and walk out of the room, tell him to flip it back off and start wailing away.

It'll change his mind right quick.

i was gonna say something like that, I thought better of it in case a letter from the bassist's attorney landed on my doorstep, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?