i played football this year, my freshman year of highschool. i alos played in 7th and 8th grade. turthfully, i hated it. i love to watch it on tv and to play with friends but on a real team it was just not for me. so while i was working with my dad today (its spring break) i told him i wanted to quit. he didnt take it well. football was his life and it got him through college. his reasoning for me not to quit was my school need me, ill regrett it. my reasoning is im a big strong kid. ive devoted my athletic life to wrestling and have no care for football. we were having a sensible discussion until my dad blew up and said hes gonna make me play. im tired of his shit and im gonna tell him. he makes me part my hair and tuck in my shirt and crap too. im thinkin about tellin him that its gotta stop but im just all pissed right now and wanted to rant.

what are yalls thoughts. should i just forgte today happened or what

sorry about grammer and spelling and stuff
hey you,
see me,
pictures,
crazy

hard work solves everything (Dan Gable)

shine on you crazy diamond
we miss you Syd
If you don't wanna play, quit, thats what I did. And tell your dad to blow it out his ass.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Last edited by beastiebeatles at Mar 15, 2007,
ouch dude!

you should just quit one day, then tell him about it after and be like "I QUIT BITCH, AND I DONT REGRET IT!"

should teach him
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
I <3 football, and I'm what people consider "emo"

But dude, if you don't want to do it, don't. Tell your dad that he should respect your desicion, and that he shouldn't try to live through you.

and as for the "tuck in your shirt" shit, just tell him its a free country or something...I'm not quite sure. My dads always been supportive of my decisions.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Kids these days.....My daddy used to tell me if I was gonna live under his roof and eat his food then I was gonna get my hair cut when he said and do what he said.
Your dad is wrong, but I get his reasoning.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
...im sorry about your hair, and your pants.
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
I love football, but it's your call dude.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
I also played football my freshman year and i hated it, going to practice for 3 hours everyday and notting getting to start a single game. Also my grades started to slip because of all the time I devoted to it. So next year I am not going to.

I f you want to wrestle thats good, wrestling is way harder than football, but if thats what u want. I am doing track this year and am loving it.
Member #26 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
forget about your dad he should not try to live through you

I say miss a couple practices and maybe a game then see how you feel if your ok don't play if your second guessing yourself play
Durka
What position do you play and do you suck?
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
wide reciever and i sucked

so far thanks guys
hey you,
see me,
pictures,
crazy

hard work solves everything (Dan Gable)

shine on you crazy diamond
we miss you Syd
Quote by floydman_4140
wide reciever and i sucked

so far thanks guys

Lol, sounds like me. I played receiver, I didn't suck, I was a starter and made a sweet diving catch one game but I would always get nervous and drop easy catches which blew major ass. I think your dad is wrong. You should be able to play and not play any sport you want at school and not have to adhere to his extracurricular choices.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
^ beastiebeatles your deffenately stupid.

P.S. Just explain it slowly.

Wait, why am I stupid?
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
i'd actually recommend you stick with it. i'm coming toward the end of my junior year and appraoching my last year of high school. i quit football in 7th grade, but all my friends that played freshman year and quit because they were lazy or tired of it, etc. every single one of them has regretted that they didn't play longer. i mean if you honestly don't want to play, then don't i guess. but please reconsider. playing freshman and playing varsity are totally different. your dad just wants what is best for you. i think it's just part of his form of discipline (which football also teaches you) what with the getting you to commit to things, along with tucking in your shirt, and combing your hair. he's just trying to help you turn into a good adult. he might be taking it too far, i wouldn't force you to play, but if i were him i'd definitely encourage you not to give up. to an extent maybe he's trying to live vicariously through you, but i think he just wants what's good for you in the long run. as far as high school memories go, you won't remember shit about the quadratic formula, you'll always remember being a starter on varsity though. just saying you should give it more thought.

btw, shelby county represent. *beats chest*

and as for the "tuck in your shirt" shit, just tell him its a free country or something...I'm not quite sure.

are you serious?
#DTWD
I couldn't play high school football for my last year because I blew my knee out playing hockey the year before.

That REALLY ****ing sucked, cause I was horrid at hockey (like one of the worst players on my houseleague team) and a really solid football player. I easily could have played university ball at a Canadian school, which isn't that tough, but it would have been awesome.

I guess you should really do what you want. If you blow out your knee playing football and then can't wrestle, that would really be unfair. Hurting yourself at something you suck at and then not being able to do something you love / are good at is the worst!
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by primusfan
as far as high school memories go, you won't remember shit about the quadratic formula, you'll always remember being a starter on varsity though. just saying you should give it more thought.

Nicely made point.
Dude, same thing happened with me. I quit it this year, but for personal reasons, now I devote my time to music and schoolwork. Do what you feel will help you in the long run.
Get off my lawn.
Well you said you devoted your athletic life to wrestling, so quit football and focus more on school and wrestling. If football is what got him through college than academics and wrestling could get you through college.