Anyone got this guitar? Experiences? Worth a try? Im into metal, and rock...slow and groovy stuff.
My friend is saving up for it and i went down to the shop to try it out with him. Overall its a pretty good guitar. Would be good for metal and rock but im n ot sure what you mean by slow groovy stuff. If its like strat slow groovy stuff that youre looking for then this wont quite do it. Its not actually produced by PRS though. Its made by World Instrument Co (i think) in korea. IMO you should shop around a little before getting a new guitar.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
It's a fantastic guitar with great midrange. Not too much on the treble and bass, but it sounds fantastic. Try a few other instruments out before you settle on the tremonti, but overall, you get a lot for the money when you buy the any of the PRS se models, even though they are built overseas.
Brilliant guitar. If you're into rock and metal, well it absolutely shits all over the ibanez and dean. What I think is that for an ibanez or similar model to sound good it needs to be put through loads of effects, it has no character of its own. You could do a lot worse than this guitar for all style needs.
I have already tried some different guitars... like for example Epiphone Les Paul, but the body on this guitar was a little to thick for me. I've played my friend's PRS McCarty a little(I know this is a completely different price range), and this guitar kicks some serious ass.

I currently have a Jackson Warrior WRMG myself, and with more groovy sound, I want something that differs from Jackson's typical metal-sound, and something that fits more rock'n'roll or maybe some doom metal or something. I really have a good feeling about this PRS Tremonti SE guitar, but the low price is frightening me a bit... The guy at the music shop said it was a really amazing guitar for this price (of course he had to say it), and he said that I get a lot more from the price when I buy PRS than many other guitar brands.
Finding it for $400 is pretty hopeless in Norway...he-he... $800 is the price...
Where the hell did u see it for $400 at? Everywhere ive seen it is like $600
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I can't help but find this guitar in the $400 range in the US. Most shops that have them in stock are willing to drop the price below $400 as well. It pays to get your haggle on in person...avoid those online only retailers, you will pay whatever price they have posted, no debate.

I have yet to see a Tremonti SE with a price tag over $499.
So is it good for price? I mean, compared to other brands in this price range? Anyone have this guitar? What music do you play with it?
It is a fantastic bargain. I wouldn't use it for really extreme metal but it has a great rich lower end for hard rock riffing and the sustain is among the best i've heard. You can easily solo on the fretboard too, very comfortable to play. In that price range you aren't really going to do better than this I don't think.