Ive tried both of em out before but it was a while ago. If i remember correctly the RM was a little brighter than the EHX and didnt have as much gain.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^Exactly, if you want the RM to sound like a big muff it makes sense to just... well... buy the damn muff!! lol
no because im hearing things about the RM which are good, so im tryin to see how well I can relate it to the BM
Quote by Rockstar12345
no because im hearing things about the RM which are good, so im tryin to see how well I can relate it to the BM

theyre too different pedals.

the big muff is bassy and has trebly cut with the tone up high, and it has more gain.
yeah, it's like comparing a fender and a marshall. they're not meant to sound the same.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
yeah, it's like comparing a fender and a marshall. they're not meant to sound the same.

hopefully referring to amps? not guitars XP.

hmm, then if i wanted a fuzz to accompany clean tone, would that be a RM or BM? like john mayer/hendrix bold as love tone?
RM, no doubt about it. big muff is more 'my balls appeared out of nowhere in your face' type lead tone.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Rockstar12345
hopefully referring to amps? not guitars XP.

hmm, then if i wanted a fuzz to accompany clean tone, would that be a RM or BM? like john mayer/hendrix bold as love tone?

:|

i hope marshall never makes guitars...

anyway.

what do you mean accompanying clean tone? hendrix found the big muff, he was going to use it, but he died too early.

im not sure if mayer even used a fuzz.

just go try them out yourself.

^laff at ballz comment. its true. i dont really like my big muff. or my metal muff...
Last edited by Arlabester at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by Roc8995
No fuzz at all in little wing. That's a rotary speaker.

not the leslie, im talkin bout that slide in in the intro of LW, the clean sounds like its colored by some sorta of an OD, my MIM cant do that...
The answer is HELL NO.

I've got both (but I've got the Classic fuzz).
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Rockstar12345
not the leslie, im talkin bout that slide in in the intro of LW, the clean sounds like its colored by some sorta of an OD, my MIM cant do that...

Well the big muff tone is really harsh compared to little wing. It would probably work if you had the sustain (distortion) on the pedal all the way down and the volume on the guitar down so you dont get that really gritty tone. Personally, i love big muffs. Think its pretty much the greatest pedal since the wah.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Arlabester
:|

i hope marshall never makes guitars...

Obviously you've never seen Spinal Tap.

edit: That guitar was an actual guitar too ya know. Made by Jackson.

edit2: Here's a picture.
http://www.ernieball.com/clb/images/marshallstack.jpg

edit3: Well my AC30 is very trebley/in your face, so I use an OD pedal set on low gain but with high level, and I get that compressed slightly overdriven sound.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Last edited by wmzbomgzors at Mar 17, 2007,
whoa....trippy.

hmm, so in order to get that sweet strat tone, i have to change pups? cuz my strat sounds like it lacks ALOT of that scooped sounding twang that im looking for in songs like Bold as love and whatnot.
Quote by Arlabester
no.

why dont you just get a big muff?

Electro-Harmonix definitely knew people will be saying "just pay for a muff" :/
if you have a money making donkey in your backyard

get both
if not

decide on one...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
if you have a money making donkey in your backyard

get both
if not

decide on one...

shit, i don't, have a cash spouting chimpanzee, will that be alright?
[seriously, i can save. dont worry. how much does RM cost?]
your asking us a bunch of questions that mean nothing.

choose.

just freakin choose.

(i need to stop making threads, i realize how annoying i am 0_o )
It doesnt really look like the tone ur looking for is fuzz.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
It doesnt really look like the tone ur looking for is fuzz.

ok, say muse or pink floyd's sorrow, also hendrix's biting clean tone.
Quote by Rockstar12345
ok, say muse or pink floyd's sorrow, also hendrix's biting clean tone.

oh yes, because thats all one pedal.

multi-fx. figure out what you want first.
Try them both out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30