Well, I'm building a 2x12 cab for my speakers and 100w amp. I am gonna have this frame(seen below, what I have finished, but there I hadn't screwed it all together) and plywood sheets that are gonna be stained an almond color.

Oooh aaaah...

Well, I want to put G12H's in there, but they come in 30w, do you guys think I can buy a 60w circut breaker? It's not a whole lot of power, and I need to keep my amp from blowing my speakers. I was thinking maybe a lightbulb to drain power at all levels, say a 40w bulb, that way I can turn the head way up, and have a power amp distortion, while protecting my speakers.
Even if you could, that thing would get pretty damn hot. I'd just look at other speaker companies. This wattage rating problerm is why most cabs built with Celestions are 4x12's, I think.
Weber has some nice affordable speakers, if that's an issue. They also have some reeeally good ones, on par to the Celestion Blues and Gold, but for a fraction of the price.
tedweber.com
The Signature series are good for the money. Check out the British series, though. I'm gonna buy me a couple of Blue Dogs.
I dunno anything about the wizard, but from Eminence, The Governor is a popular choice. I've heard of a light bulb being used as an attenuator, but not in a cab, and not for a 100 watt amp. You'd need a really powerful lightbulb, my friend. I'd seen it in a 5W Epi Valve Jr.
Better off getting a real attenuator, if you want one. Tedweber.com has some GREAT ones. Best on the market, I think, for the money. Also most tonally transparent.
Quote by Schecter1277
How's the best way to wire a cab?

It all depends what ohmage your head takes.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
So, go from the plug, to a negative of speaker A; from the positive of speaker A to negaive of Speaker B; then from the positive of speaker B to the plug? Am I saying that right?
My only problem with that is it would give one speaker 100w, blowing it and the other wouldn't get enough wattage. I definitly need to wire it parallel. Which means you take 2 negatives from the plug and put it to the negative of the speaker, and two postives from each speaker to the plug?
Right... Or is there more to it...
ya but like what are you mounting them on, my bad for not being specific
The piece of premium 3/4 plywood. As you can see it's only a 19'' by 29'' piece of plywood, with 2'' on each side screwed in with large deck screws, it shouldn't go anywhere, being pretty stiff. I don't see cab companies using much else in their cabs.
Quote by Schecter1277
The piece of premium 3/4 plywood. As you can see it's only a 19'' by 29'' piece of plywood, with 2'' on each side screwed in with large deck screws, it shouldn't go anywhere, being pretty stiff. I don't see cab companies using much else in their cabs.

In a lot of the cabs I've seen, the front baffle (the piece of wood holding the speakers in) is made of chipboard, which is even worse for any sort of acoustics. There were these things that I found on a few cabinets, I can't really explain them so I'll draw up a diagram.

You hammer the nut thing and a lip fits around the bolt-hole. I guess it's just so the speaker is held into something solid, rather than just the wood.

Paint skills FTW
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by Schecter1277
I am sorry but I don't understand the pic much.

It's like a thick nut that you hammer/push around the other side of the baffle (in this case, the front). It has a threaded part, so you screw the bolts into it. Instead of all the force holding the speakers in being on the threads (which can and will eventually start to twist out), the bolt is pulling the speaker against the other side of the wood. It's like the nut and bolt approach, only it's perfectly flat and is more spread out.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Is the 'nut thing' a washer?

Not really. It's like a hammer-in-able washer and nut. I know it has a specific name too, I'll try and find it out.