I was looking at the Bawitdaba tabs and noticed that during the Solo it says to Palm Mute heavily. What is Palm Muting? How do I do it? Please be very descriptive. Thanks!
its when you rest your palm on the bridge and mute the strings.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Search the site for Pick and Grin's Steal this Video. He has a video lesson all about palm muting, and some other helpful ones.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Bawitdaba is a song by Kid Rock on the album Devil Without a Cause. Not too bad a song if you like Kid Rock.
Could u give me a link to that palm muting video cause I tried to do wat u sound and it sounds screwed up.
u just lay ur fingers over the frets u r playing but dont push them down. then rest ur right hand if u play righty by the bridge and play. u dont need a video.
Quote by jman007_93
u just lay ur fingers over the frets u r playing but dont push them down.

I thought you do push them down for palm muting?
Quote by DoubleT1991
Could u give me a link to that palm muting video cause I tried to do wat u sound and it sounds screwed up.

Why don't you try some investigative work.

Try going to oh, i don't know, video.google.com and search for How To Palm Mute.

Just a hint.
It's called Chuggin'. It's very funny that a lot of intermediate-beginner players can not do it. Palm muting is one of the easier "tricks". I learned it within 6 months of starting.
hey dude, if you find it to hard to palm mute try practicing with your fret hand on the fret board. And lightly apply pressure to the strings, with a high enough gain lvl you can get some real cool sounds this way. When you get comfortable enough Try an easy Progression of chords and play the chord once, then rest the "palm of your hand " on the bridge then strum, this will produce a muted sound practice try getting quicker at this.
Quote by cloud041089
I thought you do push them down for palm muting?

ya, u push them down. palm muting is when you pick and fret the notes as normal. But on the very end of your strings, the end with the pickups, u rest your palm. it will make a heavier sound which has less tone than if you weren't palm muting. its used in almost every neo-punk, emo, metal song in ze world.