lets say i have a chord progression and it starts off with C, does my solo's first note have to start with C or how does it work?
Whatever's in that particular scale is usually a safe bet, so if you're playing a C major, for example, either an A minor or C major scale would work. Just practice and get a feel for it...there's no real "official" way to start a solo...whatever feels and sounds good to you is the right note for you.
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
Is it really bad that all I know is minor scales? I sort of know major but not like I know minor.

Will it really hinder me?
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
u can just use the relative minor scale for each key.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Yeah you should probably learn major scales, since when you move from minor to a relative, it goes to major, right guys?
Well, if you learn a major scale in all positions, you can play the minor scale in all positions and vice versa, you just need to start the major scale from its sixth note and you'll get the relative minor