I use Audacity most of the time to record. I don't have a drummer but i use a drum machine to do the drums. When I put the drums in Audacity, I can record over them, but the tempos are waaaaay off. Anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks
Member #38 of Alter Bridge Rocks Club PM Logz to join
sometimes, depending on your sound card/gear, you can get a lag in the sound. Are you using a metronome? IF not, be sure to turn yours on and use that as a beat keeper and then lay the drums underneath. Its a pain in the ass at first to use a metronome if you're not used to it, but when you get the hang of it, its amazing.
Quote by tremonti9482
I use Audacity most of the time to record. I don't have a drummer but i use a drum machine to do the drums. When I put the drums in Audacity, I can record over them, but the tempos are waaaaay off. Anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks

make sure the start of the drum track is aligned properly with the start of the metronome in audacity.
^^ yeah, make sure the tempos for both audacity's click track and the drum machine are the same. with the drum machine track, zoom in and trim off all the excess silence so it starts exactly at the same time as the click track
that was happening to me when i was recording vocals over a guitar track. Audacity just plane sucks!!! I use cakewalk and its great....you might be able to download it off bittorent or get the demo trial which works well too