Page 1 of 2
yet another band that decided to let go of screaming for the sole purpose of popularity and money...

dont get me wrong, theres a couple songs on their new cd that has a small part of screaming and i still like them, but i think theyre old stuff is better.
maybe they decided that screaming isn't what they want to do anymore, bands CAN grow and change, if they want to be around for a good long while they can't keep screaming, can you picture a band in their 40's onstage screaming?????
I'm so sorry, excuse me for living,
I didn't know, didn't know your a psycho!
-Carolines Spine "Psycho"
Liked em in 6th grade.

Nuff said.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
I ****ing hate people that don't like bands because they don't scream. Even if they used to scream, screaming was/is a fad and it won't be long before no bands are doing it.
cats are the best...
Quote by chamberlain k
I ****ing hate people that don't like bands because they don't scream. Even if they used to scream, screaming was/is a fad and it won't be long before no bands are doing it.

im just saying that senses fail had a better sound when they were trying to be more post-hardcore instead of pop-punk.
Quote by NGD1313
In the words of the_astronaut

"Ewww"

Hahah, yes

Did I post that in this thread and delete it by accident?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
Hahah, yes

Did I post that in this thread and delete it by accident?

Lol, no

Generally when I go into a thread about a band I don't like, you post there first and say ewww.
Quote by NGD1313
Lol, no

Generally when I go into a thread about a band I don't like, you post there first and say ewww.

Ohhhhh. I see what you mean now.

Then we're very alike.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by fenderfreak101
Liked em in 6th grade.

Nuff said.

haha me too. I remember the teacher asked everyone what they did over the weekend. And I said bought some cds. It was...Senses Fail-Let It Enfold You, Silverstein-When Broken Is Easily
I think they're pretty decent for their genre, I like their lyrics. The singer is one of the more tolerable ones in the hardcore/emo scene, and the drummer isn't half bad.
Get off my lawn.
Well, I did like Let it Enfold You... But the new album has some dece tracks. Especially The Rapture. I just wish they would've made that song longer. And Sick or Sane has a nice little guitar solo.
I'm a person.
Senses Fail is my favorite band. The new CD is awesome and there is a good amount of screaming. It's not like the LIEY had tons of screaming. The song Still Searching from the new album has some sick screaming in the intro/beginning of verse.
who cares if they scream or not? or even if you believe they sold out? Most of the mainstream still don't like any of these bands like senses fail. All that matters is whether you like it or not, this is a useless thread created by someone who is complaining that they don't like the new album. Don't listen then.
Senses fail...
yet another band that decided to let go of screaming for the sole purpose of popularity and money...

dont get me wrong, theres a couple songs on their new cd that has a small part of screaming and i still like them, but i think theyre old stuff is better.

couldnt agree more.but in their defence,it also helps that the rythem guitarist left the band.i may b wrong but i believe he did most of the screaming
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
I guess you kids wanted "Let it Enfold You Part II"?

They grew up and incorporated more influences into their sound. 'Tis a crime, I know.
the new album is good but I miss a lot of the cool mellow guitar intros and stuff of let it enfold you. That probably comes with a lineup change. I really didn't notice that big of a drop off in how much screaming there is really. I don't know how much more pop-punk it is either cuz to me their last album overall was softer, but maybe that's just me.
buddy and the bass player did the screaming.
besides, their new rhythm guitarist is from midtown and is better.

so is their overall instrumentals.
one case in which i think their old stuff is not as good as the new stuff, Brand New being another case.
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
Quote by HorridxHopes
I guess you kids wanted "Let it Enfold You Part II"?

That was pretty much impossible, there's only a certain amount of times that a band can write songs which sound almost exactly the same ...

...that being said, i still probably would have bought it.
i'm listening to let it enfold your right now and i forget how awesome this stuff is, totally brings sooo many memories from high school, but yes i would off bought it the album if it wsa let it enfold you part II but yeah i don't know buddy had a break down sooo things change lol
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
Quote by bequickorbedead
That was pretty much impossible, there's only a certain amount of times that a band can write songs which sound almost exactly the same ...

...that being said, i still probably would have bought it.

that album was catchy as hell and i still like it becuase of that fact
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Quote by xArCaDiAx
that album was catchy as hell and i still like it becuase of that fact

a few lyrics are laughable though but other than that i like them
This is a guitar forum and no one mentions how much better the songs are instrumentally.
Thats odd, after hearing the "Still Searching" album I cant listen to the old stuff. It lacks overall quality. Not to mention it's not close to being as heavy and addictive.

I really can't fathom how the majority of an Emo-Bashing GUITAR forum doesn't like an album because theres not enough screaming.

It's ridiculous really.
Just because this is a guitar forum we have to analyze the guitar work in everything we listen to? Maybe their only problems were the lack of screaming. Lets all just end all of our posts with "not to mention the guitar work was [insert adjective here]" to please Mr. John Hannah.

Also, we are not the emo-bashing majority. Hence, we are praising and discussing pop-punk and emo bands in the Pop-Punk & Emo forum. Now, discuss with us, or call us fags for wearing tight pants and storm off with a swelling sense of pride and an even bigger swelling in your jeans. It's your call.

Quote by bequickorbedead

I guess you've never listened to Staind.
Last edited by HorridxHopes at Mar 25, 2007,
Ha, I guess I didn't mention Senses Fail is my favorite band. I've never seen someone get so defensive over something so little. It speaks leagues for the scene that I've adopted as my own. I am also sorry that I am apparently the only person who listens to the whole song, not just the screaming. I am so very sorry to offend you because I was offended by the notion that music isn't good without screaming. Please don't hurt me.
Obviously I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm just bored and its Sunday. Now let me take the time to make a proper post about the album.

I bought the album the day it came out because I was at the store and saw it. Didn't disappoint me in the least. All I could think while listening to it was "Good thing they got rid of Dave". The album is the pwn, the band is the pwn. Nuff said.

WTF was with the swelling in the pants? I'm not beating while posting on the site, if thats what you're applying. Its hilarious, but wtf.

lol@stained
jesus christ did i ever say that i dont think theyre good bc theres no screaming? i said their new cd is good but could be better with more screaming bc thats just my opinion, based on their old stuff. (im the op btw)
Quote by MightyAl
You could try "Since evryone on the UG forum insits on 'pics or it didn't happen', does that mean I'm a virgin as long as I don't tape it?"
Quote by JoNnHannah
Ha, I guess I didn't mention Senses Fail is my favorite band. I've never seen someone get so defensive over something so little. It speaks leagues for the scene that I've adopted as my own. I am also sorry that I am apparently the only person who listens to the whole song, not just the screaming. I am so very sorry to offend you because I was offended by the notion that music isn't good without screaming. Please don't hurt me.
Obviously I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm just bored and its Sunday. Now let me take the time to make a proper post about the album.

I bought the album the day it came out because I was at the store and saw it. Didn't disappoint me in the least. All I could think while listening to it was "Good thing they got rid of Dave". The album is the pwn, the band is the pwn. Nuff said.

WTF was with the swelling in the pants? I'm not beating while posting on the site, if thats what you're applying. Its hilarious, but wtf.

lol@stained

Sorry, it was late, and yesterday wasn't a good day and I definitely took it out on you. I thought you were calling us all, you know, posers for not analyzing the guitar playing on the album. The comment about the swelling in your jeans was a stab at the emo bashing kids that get all giddy and probably get an erection by telling some of us off. Sorry, mate.
Quote by HorridxHopes
Sorry, it was late, and yesterday wasn't a good day and I definitely took it out on you. I thought you were calling us all, you know, posers for not analyzing the guitar playing on the album. The comment about the swelling in your jeans was a stab at the emo bashing kids that get all giddy and probably get an erection by telling some of us off. Sorry, mate.

Is your avatar Adam Lazzara?
Quote by HorridxHopes
The one and only.

Lol, I always thought it was like some abstract art picture thing. Then I noticed, hey that kinda looks like a guy holding a pink microphone.
They should stick to singing because that guy can't sing live at all. Biggest letdown I've ever seen live, I won't be buying any more of their records.
Page 1 of 2