so, i dont feel ive hit a plateau or anything.

but.

its kind of like, i dont know a lot of things, but they're not for my genre, but i feel like im kind of under pressure to learn them (ie fast arpeggio'ing, two handed tapping, etc...) and its just kind of making me sad. im in a band, but i feel like my tone/sound isnt really getting anywhere. i want to make my own version of guitar, but its kind of like im feeling i wont get anywhere.

and suggestions?

thanks a lot guys.
Quote by Arlabester
so, i dont feel ive hit a plateau or anything.

but.

its kind of like, i dont know a lot of things, but they're not for my genre, but i feel like im kind of under pressure to learn them (ie fast arpeggio'ing, two handed tapping, etc...) and its just kind of making me sad. im in a band, but i feel like my tone/sound isnt really getting anywhere. i want to make my own version of guitar, but its kind of like im feeling i wont get anywhere.

and suggestions?

thanks a lot guys.

Are you self taught? If you are, why not try some lessons to learn those things. As for the inspiration, listen to different types of music if you don't already.
Be cool.
no.

its like i know i dont want to learn that kind of stuff cos i wont use it, but i feel i wont be like complete if i dont write songs with that kind of stuff in it.
i'd play around with alot of different gear, and try, even if they're not your style, to incorporate some things you normally wouldn't use a little in some of your songs, but trying gear you normally wouldn't try, even brands, haha, i know you have gibson, but maybe mess around with a few different brands of guitars, amps, pedals, just to mix up some sound and see if you like any of them, and the whole technique thing, it's what i do when i feel like i've hit a plateau, and it usually helps, hope it helps you
thanks.

but i dont mean necessarly like, sound wise.

i mean my playing style, personal flare etc...

i dont know how to formulate stuff like this.