So I dont really have the budget right now for a real strat but want a strat. So does anyone have any recommendations for a good Strat Copy? Company names and specific models are all welcomed, I'm just looking for something possibly under 200 USD. Thanks in advance.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
My starcaster aint so bad. I've heard its better then most squiers.

I've heard good things about yamaha pacifica too.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Silvertone makes alright strats. I went for a cheap "Bursewood" Strat that i bought at xs cargo (120 dollar package!), to my suprising i actually like the thing. Owned it for about a year, replace the strings, nothing has broken, and i dont have a case for it so its got a few scratches but it held up good. The sweet thing about a fake strat is that you can decorate or beat the shit out of it. I have a sick sticker on mine and makes it alot more funky!
the best one imo, is the yamaha pacifica 112 J. like said. ^

that is a $200 guitar. if u dont have $200. then repost.

maybe an alder squier affinity. something like that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by GuitarNinja12

You've heard incorrectly.

It's cool you like it though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The best Strat copy that I've played is a Tokai Goldstar. Not 200 dollars territory though I'm afraid.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
rondomusic.net has some nice SXs starting at $100. Their Agile Strats start at $260. Ofcourse their is always Squier. I have a Squier 51 and I can not recommend it enough. I love it. I think Sam Ash still has a few.
I love my Yamaha. The only difference is that it has the input on the side not the face. It has a humbucker too, I have seen a lot without one.
Greg Bennett Samick Malibu for $175-$200 USD.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I would suggest chekcing out the used guitar market, lok around at pawn shops and used guitar stores, you'll probably find something decent there within your price range. i actually found a mint condition used squier for under $100.

My first electric was a yamaha pacifica 112. It's decent for a beginner guitar but after owning it for a year or so and playing other kinds of guitars i realized it's limitations. The pacifica is probably one of your best options within that price range but if you can find a better guitar that's used for $200 i would say go with that.

Also don't limit yourself to strat copies...in general they arent that fantastic and if you broadened your search a bit more you might find something really cool.
Thanks shredliquette but I already own a S470 Ibanez, and I am just lookiing for a second guitar to mess around with different tunings since the trem on the S470 is a pain to drop to d or halfstep. I know I want something like a strat now that I have the humbucker setup I want. Hence, I am looking for a relatively cheap guitar since I am on the prowl for a tube amp around 450$, and I am leaning toward the Valveking 112 right now.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
I got my first guitar, a Standard Strat, used in great condition for 250, so you could definitely find one for 200
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by GuitarNinja12

I've heard good things about yamaha pacifica too.

I have a starcaster as well and I LOVE it. ( call me dumb, I dont care) It plays very well and has a great sound with a pedal that I have through a little 10 watt amp. My brother has a affinity squier strat and mine plays WAY better than his: although mine is set up perfectly!!
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Quote by buzzcut
I have a starcaster as well and I LOVE it. ( call me dumb, I dont care) It plays very well and has a great sound with a pedal that I have through a little 10 watt amp. My brother has a affinity squier strat and mine plays WAY better than his: although mine is set up perfectly!!

Tone is subjective, and something you learn to appreciate. I used to think my Fender frontman sounded good, but after several years, I understand that that's just dumb.

I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying that if you haven't been playing long then you probably can't tell the difference.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I have an Austin strat which cost me i think 300 and some CAD with tax and all. Its got an alder body and maple neck/fretboard..pickups are meh and the bridge is alright i geuss, and its got decent tuners, i rape the bar and it doesnt go THAT out of tune.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

If youre paitient you WILL find a MIM Fender strat on ebay. Ive seen one go for as little as $120, its just a matter of finding them. If you do decide to just go with something new i suggest the SX. Pretty damn good guitars especially considering they start at about $100.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.