Hey everyone, u put up a new song, on my Myspace band profile and i wanna know what u think. its untitled so i titled it "original song 1". its kinda funky, pretty Incubus-like. anyway, link to page is in my sig. feel free to add me as a friend.

thanks
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Very Plain, very boring
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
is it just the lack of drums, lyrics, bass, etc? or is it the actual riff that is boring. im writing a solo for it soon, so i dont know if that will help any.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
to be honest, i didnt like it. just couldnt get into it, but THATS JUST ME. it did set a cool, dark mood, and gave that diminished kinda shit is fucked up feel, but it just didnt keep me interested.
playing was fine, scept some missed notes in a chord a couple of times.

overall good effort.

Quote by Prototype4342
is it just the lack of drums, lyrics, bass, etc? or is it the actual riff that is boring. im writing a solo for it soon, so i dont know if that will help any.

drums may help, might not though. before you add more to the rhythm section, i suggest you make a more clearly defined rhythm part. structure it a little more, give it a verse, a chorus, or even just make it a head tune, cut out all the extra parts other then the rhythm, make a theme then write a solo over the original rhythym.
Last edited by metal_man12 at Mar 15, 2007,
Quote by Prototype4342

I think drums would help you a good deal, but the overall riff of a ninth chord and a wah-wah is not very exciting.

When you added fuzz to it, you might want to check your level. It seemed that the distorted part was quieter than the rest.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Quote by skateguitar7654
It seemed that the distorted part was quieter than the rest.

it was actually alot louder and i just used the volume inside the recording program to lower it, ill try and get i closer later.

and this is the first song ive really written, so ill try and make it a little more interesting in the future.
-Douglas Adams