i just ordered a Line 6 Spider II HD75 amp and out of the box i cannot get the damn thing to work. i plug it in and turn it on and a yellow light apears above the clean preset, but when i plug my guitar in i get no noise. ive tried turning the volume up and pressing all the buttons and turning all the knobs. the manual has nothing useful in it as far as troubleshooting, and just my luck i picked the day that the Line 6 website is down for maintenance. can anyone help me with this? please no unhelpful "Line 6 sucks thats what you get" posts cause i dont wanna hear it, i need something helpful.
faulty cable?

but spiders DO suck- should get a better amp tbh
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Bad soldering.

Open it up!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by lostgunnslinger
the cable works on my other amp, but its a piece of crap.

hmm...yeah sounds like something is loose internally then- it could be as simple as the speaker not being wired to the pre (or power, or whatever it's meant to be wired to, im no electrician) amp...open it up and check there are no loose wires
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Screw it, send it back and get your money back. I'd seriously suggest thinking about a different model.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
if you are set with the spider, just take it to a local shop and have them check it, they shouldn't charge you.
but seriously, you'd be better off not hearing it, AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, sorry, couldn't help it. In all seriousness the spider heads aren't bad at all for solid state.
Quote by si!
In all seriousness the spider heads aren't bad at all for solid state.

yuh they are- listin to some Randalls
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

lets not turn this into a does line 6 suck or not thread, there are already about 50 of those in the forum.
Quote by si!
i didn't say line 6 are better than every other amp out there, i said they're not bad, there are some worse and some better.

What are they better than?

@threadstarter:
I suggest, as others have, to take it to a local shop to see if they can have a look at it.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy