hey guys i have an ibanez rg320fm with dual humbucker setup, recently ive been toying with the idea of swapping for some better pups, the only thing is that the pickup selector on it is strange and instead of 3 way for the dual humbuckers, its a 5 way and splits the humbuckers into singles on certain settings, i reallly really like this feature and was wondering if i were to swap to different pickups would i still retain this feature or would i have to swap out the toggle for a 3 way?
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
You will be able to keep the split and parallel settings when you change the pickups, but I'd recommend getting a shop to wire them since you have to ask about it. A professional will certainly be able to rewire your pickups exactly as the stock ones.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
if it's coil splitting, u would just need to buy pickups with 4-wires (4 wire conductor) so u can wire it up the same way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
right on, thanks guys, ya im not to great at fidgiting wiht electronics so its definitly going to a shop to get wired
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
Quote by jj1565
if it's coil splitting, u would just need to buy pickups with 4-wires (4 wire conductor) so u can wire it up the same way.

A bit trickier, it has split and full positions, plus parallel neck wired onto the same 5-way switch. Basically, best pay a few bucks to get the job done.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
psssht take me 10 mins.

and boy, u guys and ur ibbys.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
and boy, u guys and ur ibbys.

oof, don't say, I just bought another one.