IM thinking of buying this head to start off building my half-stack. I've been relegated to using this crappy Fender 75 watt combo amp that just stopped working a few weeks ago. So i was wondering if anybody had any opinions about the amp, if any of you have owned it or played would reccomend, or not reccomend this amp for what the kind of music im playing? I play guitar for my churches praise band, and I'm also working on two bands, one metal and other like a punk/alternative dealie, and am using an ibanez s520ex.
I have the peavey valveking, it's a pretty nice little combo, but I wouldn't get the head, it's not worth $550 that's all I gotta say
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
For that price new, you could get some great used heads such as the XXX, and you are close to the 6505. Much better amps.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Just to point out, that it appears to be the best amp for the price range, especially since i only have about 600 dollars to spend on a head.
Quote by metalxsymphony
Just to point out, that it appears to be the best amp for the price range, especially since i only have about 600 dollars to spend on a head.

Quote by soccerdude3465
For that price new, you could get some great used heads such as the XXX, and you are close to the 6505. Much better amps.

You will get more for your money going used.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
Ah whoops, sorry about that. Yes, its hard finding anything under however. I've been looking through craigslist and ebay for a lot, most of them are 600 and over.
Keep combing through those, something will come up, and you'll be glad you waited.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
I don't know about the waiting thing. My bands going to start gigging in a couple of weeks. I'm sorry, but you really didn't tell me what was so better about the XXX amps compared to the Valve King head. Like what makes these amps better than the Valveking? And I'm sorry i wasnt clear, does anyone have any specific feedback on the Valveking ala distortion, feedback at high gains, any problems you've had?
The XXX is 50 times better than the valve-king. If you only have a few weeks then go with the valve-king if you have some time to shop around and wait a little then get something used like a XXX,5150,6505,or even a Dsl 401 (probably be easiest to find)
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

the Valveking is a peice of junk, get a 5150. Pretty much half the metal world uses it.