Are there any good sites that have a LOT of bassists? Because i can't find 3/4 of the tabs i want to learn here.........or lessons

so are there?
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
This is the best atmosphere you'll find, to be honest. Almost every other major tablature site was shut down for a time, and that sent everyone here. You probably won't find anywhere that beats UG.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
You won't find anywhere better for tabs or user-submitted lessons. If you want to ask real pros bass questions then try TB.
whats TB?
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
TalkBass.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
thanks
Quote by JDD331

B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
1) I find talkbass is very intimidating because all the bass players on there no there stuff really well and I fear saying anything stupid. That's why I like it here, someone will just politely correct me. Which I'm sure is the same on TB but it just seems intimidating.

2) Beware of bassmasta tabs they are often incorrect. I would honestly say get Powertab or Guitar Pro (illegally no way should anyone spend $50 or whatever ridiculous prce they are charging) and get them off this site. (Powertabs or GP files.) because more often than not they are pretty damn accurate.
I agree about the comments with TalkBass. I too wasn't keen on the atmosphere. UG is definately much more friendlier. Also, it's hard to talk prices with Americans when you live in Britain.

I sometimes use bassworld.co.uk although I think it's down at the moment as they've been having some server problems lately.
I think the fact that there's people with so much experience and people with hideous amounts of gear is pretty useful in a way - there's always someone who's had the same situation whereas often here people haven't tried the instrument or the setup that you're considering. Also I had a great argument with one guy on there who said he didn't feel like it was worth giving advice to new/young players. I had a good rant at him and he took a lot of what I said on board. Then I looked up his recording credits, and they were as long as my arm and with bands everyone has heard of. You couldn't do that here!
Talkbass is crap. Here you can ask and be answered, there it goes largly ignored because you're new and its probably a simple answer. they also have far too much money to spend on basses

Bassworld is good. the members there are brilliant. i hardly go anymore, partially due to the server problems gerard is having.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead

Bassworld is good. the members there are brilliant. i hardly go anymore, partially due to the server problems gerard is having.

Yeah... I really like the atmosphere down there... but damn their server! I'm trying to finalise a purchase. Also, the website isn't fantastically structured. A lot of dead ends and redundant material.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
Yeah... I really like the atmosphere down there... but damn their server! I'm trying to finalise a purchase. Also, the website isn't fantastically structured. A lot of dead ends and redundant material.

Yea, they refurbed it a while back (after the server got siezed, lol) and since then theres alot of stuff on there that shouldn't, and horrible lag trying to connect to the site at times. but like you say, the atmosphere is great, theres always someone on thats a laugh (bassthing68 )
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
2) Beware of bassmasta tabs they are often incorrect. I would honestly say get Powertab or Guitar Pro (illegally no way should anyone spend $50 or whatever ridiculous prce they are charging) and get them off this site. (Powertabs or GP files.) because more often than not they are pretty damn accurate.

Powertab is free too - I often use it for songwriting, it's much easier than writing basslines, rhythm guitar and lead guitar parts just on my bass, I find.

And everyone mares sometimes, here in the Bass Forum we love everyone (including Mark Hoppus!) and want people to feel welcome. So ask whatever stupid question you want and we'll answer regardless what it is. Even if you want to know what a root note is (I hope Applehead gets the joke... >.>
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by Felkara
Even if you want to know what a root note is (I hope Applehead gets the joke... >.>

What's a root note?

haha
www.activebass.com got some good lessons.

But i dont think theirs a better site for bassists around.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech