Is there a way so when I use the whammy bar it doesn't detune my strings? It's really annoying when i'm playing and then have to retune after every song.
Quote by -Sidewinder-
Is there a way so when I use the whammy bar it doesn't detune my strings? It's really annoying when i'm playing and then have to retune after every song.

What guitar do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Locking nuts maybe, but I don't know if they work with pushdown only whammy's.

EDIT: If your guitar doesnt have one already forget about it. Just don't try to go joe satriani on it without a locking system.
try floyde rose bridge...they are a bitch to put up with when changing strings or tuning, but if you can put up with it they wont go out of tune when you whammy. me personnaly its too much work just to use a whammy
Quote by the_man101
try floyde rose bridge...they are a bitch to put up with when changing strings or tuning, but if you can put up with it they wont go out of tune when you whammy. me personnaly its too much work just to use a whammy

Floyd rose bridges cost a crapsload to install. Buy a guitar with a floating system, but make sure someone can teach you how to repair it whenever. I have a floating system and I think im just going to put a block in it so I can change strings and tune easily with it.
Alright, I've had this guitar for over 3 years, I was thinkin about getttin a new one (and a new amp). But then I won't have any money for school/car lol. Tough decisions!
Quote by -Sidewinder-
Just a Yamaha Pacifica, does it depend on the guitar?

There are different trems, and I was just wondering what kind you had .

Most trems like the one you have will throw the guitar out of tune if used too much.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
sell your guitar, buy a S470, the ZR trem is amazing.. seriously..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
get your fingers stronger. zakk wylde calls wammy bars sissy bars even tho he uses them now a little bit

did you know herman li was a lefty guitar but when he wanted to buy a guitar at 6 he couldnt afford a lefty guitar so he had to get a righty one. like him make your fingers stronger=D
if you dont do crazy dives and shit get locking tuners they work pretty good even a locking nut would be good
Quote by ilovemySG
get your fingers stronger. zakk wylde calls wammy bars sissy bars even tho he uses them now a little bit

did you know herman li was a lefty guitar but when he wanted to buy a guitar at 6 he couldnt afford a lefty guitar so he had to get a righty one. like him make your fingers stronger=D

How are stronger fingers going to keep his guitar in tune when using the whammy bar?

I've also heard Zakk say that you're a pussy if you don't use a Les Paul. So basically, if you don't do things just like he does, your a bitch, even though his "brother" Dimebag used a Dean with a whammy.

Don't take Zakk too seriously is all I'm saying.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Unfourtunately, the only two whammy systems I've ever used that don't put you out of tune are locking systems, and to a lesser dergree, bigsby systems, but the problem for some people is that you can't get as much note fluctuation, but that is good for me, since I use it simply to add slight/heavy vibrato to chords. If you want to abuse your whammy bar like Dragonforce or Hendrix (Don't kill me, I'm just saying the both abuse their whammy bars, DragonForce is good, but suck compared to Hendrix), then unless you have a locking tremolo, which is both expensive to buy, and can damage the look of the instrument, then you will experience severe tuning problems.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Get a set of locking tuners and a replace the nut with a Wilkinson roller nut - that'll sort things out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by xtopher_aaron
sell your guitar, buy a S470, the ZR trem is amazing.. seriously..

i was about to say that
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots