Page 1 of 3
Hey,

Well first off I would like to start this thread off by saying, to all the mods that mod this form:
I would just like to tell you that you all told me to use the SEARCH feature well I did and I could not find anything on THREE DAYS GRACE......

Okay, so how do you guys feal about THREE DAYS GRACE? do guys love them? or hate them? or like them? personaly I realy like there music... I think that it is better then most of the stuff that they play on the radio and stuff.... not all, but most of it....

I bought there new cd a couple of months ago, and I think that it is pertty good.... not as good as there first cd, but it still has some good songs on it.....

So what do you guys think about them?
Cheers

Strum a chord
"I would rather be hated for something I am, then Loved for something I am Not" - Kurt Cobain

My Gear..
Black SEGOVIA Cut-away modle
.60mm Dunlope Picks
YES I KNOW THAT I HAVE VERY LIMITED GEAR..
They're a love hate band for me. The radio here plays them 24-7. Songs like Pain and Animal I've Become. So I despise those songs, but I enjoyed their new CD and songs like Over & Over and Riot

And also, You prob should've looked harder cause I always see a new Three Days Grace thread every month or so
"For Us, For Them, For You"
I looked farly hard.... I tryed 3 Days Grace... Three Days Grace... and I couldnt find anything... oh well...

Yah pain and animal I have become are very over played....... roit is a very good song....
Cheers

Strum a chord
"I would rather be hated for something I am, then Loved for something I am Not" - Kurt Cobain

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
I love Three Days Grace. They're my biggest influence, especially Adam Gontier (who does a lot of work for the band). I find the lyrics on their One-X CD to be very influential, and tehy helped me through a lot lately. They're only really overplayed on rock stations, which I don't get to listent to at work, so that kind of sucks. I'd say the One-X album is better than the first, but that's because of my style of music and writing. I love "Never Too Late", "Let It Die", "Gone Forever", "On My Own", and "Wake Up" the most, but I can honestly say I like all of their songs, except "Overrated" and "Now or Never".

Definitely my favourite band, along with KISS. They grew on me quickly, and although this is a bit of a mainstream band, they deserve it. The music is simple (for some people too simple), and the lyrics are exactly what the crowd wants to hear (sometimes viewed as repetitive, but not for me).
[img]http://myspace-774.vo.llnwd.net/00952/47/76/952176774_l.jpg[/img]
That's me, bitch!
I feel the same way... they are a realy good band..... the crowd loves them even though some of there songs are over played... but I dont mind....
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Hate them.

If they're your thing, great. But I need some melody and some riffs with some real chest hair, please.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Hey,
to each is own....
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
To be honest, I think the biggest problem people have with Three Days Grace is the fact that they're post-grunge, which is kind of like grunge and hard rock put together in some way (to put it in basic terms). It kind of sounds like some loud hard rock, but it's just as simple as grunge, if not simpler (and the vocals are rough, which is similar to a lot of grunge). I'm not very good with sub-genres, but I think I may have hit a nail on this one.
That's me, bitch!
They are still a good band, no matter what style of music they play.....
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Great band. Saw them with Nickelback and Breaking Benjamin last week. TDG put on an awesome show and sounded great.
Member #60 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

The Altar Boy of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartBreaker to join.

You never had a mind of your own, never could resist a single pleasure.
Quote by Merge
Great band. Saw them with Nickelback and Breaking Benjamin last week. TDG put on an awesome show and sounded great.

Were did you see them at??????? LUCKY DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Pittsburgh, Pa. They went on second. Overall, those 3 bands on the same bill was just about as good as it gets for a modern rock fan. It was probably the best show I've ever seen, and I've seen plenty of great bands.

Well thats pertty cool.... I wish that I could have been there or at any of there concerts... but oh well... on April 1 they are playing live at the juno awards... so I will watch that... Billy talent is playing live too... so it should be pertty good...
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
If you ever have the chance to see them live, I recommend it.

And I agree, you have very limited gear

Excellent......

Hey, got any ideas on how we can make this thread more populare?

Maybe we should start one of those Fan club signature things.....

Oh yah, what are your favorite songs by TDG? I dont realy have one favortie song... I like a bunch of them....
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Yah, I know that I have very limited gear...
I am going to get an electric guitar for my B day....
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
I was just messing with you about your gear, we've all been there. I like a lot of their songs, but my favorite is probably "Just Like You".

Lol Its all good....

YES!!!!!! We have made page number 2!!!!!!!!

Merge, that is so cool.. I was reading your profile info stuff.. and it says your a bartender, that is soooo cool.... have you been involved in any fights?

Okay, that is off topic.... so anybody got any ideas about making this thread more populare?
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Lol, actually, I'm not a bartender anymore. I was never personally involved in any fights, but I did break up quite a few.

The only way to make this thread popular is to continue posting. I'll be happy to help you.

Sweet....

Hey, Merge
Do you know if TDG is makeing anymore records anytime soon? or are they on tour right now?
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
I find these guys to be very, very bland. Everything about them I find bland. And whats worse is I live in Canada, and theres that law promoting Canadian music, and they get waaaay too much air time. I'm not saying Canadian music is a bad thing, I actually really dig what some Canadian bands are doing these days for music, it's just them.
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
Quote by Strum a chord
Sweet....

Hey, Merge
Do you know if TDG is makeing anymore records anytime soon? or are they on tour right now?

They are on tour right now, the new CD hasn't been out all that long.

Quote by statopaul_mark
I find these guys to be very, very bland. Everything about them I find bland. And whats worse is I live in Canada, and theres that law promoting Canadian music, and they get waaaay too much air time. I'm not saying Canadian music is a bad thing, I actually really dig what some Canadian bands are doing these days for music, it's just them.

Like I said before: To each his own......

So there on tour... cool... hopefully they will come to a city near me...
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
So, those of the public that like this band......
What are your guys favorite songs by this band? or are all the songs so good that you cant pick a favorite song?

And I have a question..... what about the band is so unapelling to those people that dont like this band? is it the lack of solos? or is it the fact that they are played on the radio to much? what is it?
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
I think most people dislike them because they are popular. That happens to a lot of popular bands.

Yeah, a lot of their lyrics relate to each other because they've only made two albums, and the second one really had an obvious theme to it. That and it's post-grunge, meaning their music is really easy to play... Nothing too elaborate. I mean, you can't find a single Three Days Grace song I can't learn in a solid hour of practise.

That's coming from the other side. I don't share the opinion personally, I'm just telling you what I've heard people say. I know what they hate and why they hate it I guess. No big deal.
That's me, bitch!
Yah, I guess.....
Maybe some day people will wake up and be all... I like three days grace
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
I understand what TheSnow is saying, but I don't understand why the complexity of any band's music should be an issue. Kurt Cobain could barely string his guitar, and he's praised as a genius. Just because it's easy to play doesn't mean it's bad.

if its really simple to play it also seems to bore me. Three Days Grace is predictable, all their songs sound alive, hes god aweful at writing lyrics, and worst of all, i feel like they write music specificly to sell cd's and to attract depressed teenagers.

Easily one of the worst bands on the radio
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
if its really simple to play it also seems to bore me. Three Days Grace is predictable, all their songs sound alive, hes god aweful at writing lyrics, and worst of all, i feel like they write music specificly to sell cd's and to attract depressed teenagers.

Easily one of the worst bands on the radio

Just because it is easy doesnt make it boring... and not all of us are depressed...
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
How many bands these days write songs that are about a dark subject??

Quote by Merge
How many bands these days write songs that are about a dark subject??

Lots.... My Chemical Romance, Seether, Three Days Grace, A bunch that are on the radio....

I was just saying that because you listen to a band that plays some angery songs doesnt make you depressed....
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Hell yeah, I have grown to love this band over the years since the beginning of the self-titled. After a while though I got worried and thought that they were done, since it took them so long to put out another c.d.(One X)
Anyway, yea I like this band alot, but I like so many different kinds of music. I have actually grown up and am not a hater on the mainstream anymore and I'm trying to grow away from the word 'Genre'. I fricken hate that word. That's the reason so many great bands are not listened to sometimes. It really is sad.
Also this is the band where I actually learned songs all the way through. "Just Like You" was the first, followed by "I Hate Everything About You" and just recently I learned "Animal I Have Become" all the way through.
I would learn some more but currently I am trying to learn all the structure for Trivium's "Dying In Your Arms". I know all the notes and parts but I just need to learn how many times to play each part and when.
Anyway I will be back on to talk with you all later.
Quote by The Spoon
I hope i dont get sigged but whats a dike?

Quote by blakkin
Yet another problem that can be easily solved by violent incest.

With Fingers Sore
Quote by drykilltrivhead
Hell yeah, I have grown to love this band over the years since the beginning of the self-titled. After a while though I got worried and thought that they were done, since it took them so long to put out another c.d.(One X)
Anyway, yea I like this band alot, but I like so many different kinds of music. I have actually grown up and am not a hater on the mainstream anymore and I'm trying to grow away from the word 'Genre'. I fricken hate that word. That's the reason so many great bands are not listened to sometimes. It really is sad.
Also this is the band where I actually learned songs all the way through. "Just Like You" was the first, followed by "I Hate Everything About You" and just recently I learned "Animal I Have Become" all the way through.
I would learn some more but currently I am trying to learn all the structure for Trivium's "Dying In Your Arms". I know all the notes and parts but I just need to learn how many times to play each part and when.
Anyway I will be back on to talk with you all later.

YAH!!!!!!!!! Another fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Quote by Merge
I understand what TheSnow is saying, but I don't understand why the complexity of any band's music should be an issue. Kurt Cobain could barely string his guitar, and he's praised as a genius. Just because it's easy to play doesn't mean it's bad.

I wish more people would look at it that way, because I personally think Adam's lyrics are genius as well. They're a little juvenile (which is too juvenile for some people), but they're lyrics practically anyone can relate to, unless they haven't been through a hard time in their life. It's just blatant, explicit, and basically what I want to hear in my music. lol You can tell I hate symbolic lyrics! (Well actually I don't, but still...)
That's me, bitch!
Quote by TheSnow
I wish more people would look at it that way, because I personally think Adam's lyrics are genius as well. They're a little juvenile (which is too juvenile for some people), but they're lyrics practically anyone can relate to, unless they haven't been through a hard time in their life. It's just blatant, explicit, and basically what I want to hear in my music. lol You can tell I hate symbolic lyrics! (Well actually I don't, but still...)

EXACTLY!!!! every single band out there has something that is mainstream, or different, or simple, or lame in it...

I like all sorts of music, but adam actually tells you what is on his mind, he doesnt care if everone hates it, he tells you exactly how he feels about something... I think more bands need to do that.....
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Page 1 of 3