does anyone use anything other than iTunes to play their music?

I use iTunes and I cant help wondering if there is anything better...
i use winamp. i like hte global hotkeys and if you press j you can start typing in the name of a song and it'll find it and you can play that song without messing up your playlist.
i just use WMP... or musicmatch jukebox if WMP is screwing up
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
using windows media can slow down ur pc..

Winamp FTW.. seriously.. its the best

Win Media lacks the EQ control.. Winamp has it all..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Ares. Only takes a few minutes to download. Then you can download as many free songs and movies as you want. The songs only take a few seconds to download.
I use WMP just because it's the lesser of multiple evils. Musicmatch won't let me uninstall it so I never use it out of spite, Itunes gets choppy when I browse the net, and Winamp is just Winamp.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by xtopher_aaron

what version of WMP do you have? i have an equalizer... see?
Attachments:
WMP.bmp
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
but it looks fugly like..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
WMP, I like it cause it does what it's told. And that is play some music.

Quote by xtopher_aaron
but it looks fugly like..

It's called minimize, you don't look at music
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by xtopher_aaron

WMP has an EQ control...

And Winamp hogs up even more resource than WMP.

Winamp is also a piece of shit with unnecessary cluttered interface in which everything is disorganized, hard to navigate, and hard to control.

And no, there is nothing better than iTunes, unless you have very limited amounts of RAM and CPU. Then just use WMP.
Quote by Saggy Breasts
WMP has an EQ control...

And Winamp hogs up even more resource than WMP.

Winamp is also a piece of shit with unnecessary cluttered interface in which everything is disorganized, hard to navigate, and hard to control.

And no, there is nothing better than iTunes, unless you have very limited amounts of RAM and CPU. Then just use WMP.

I don't have any problems with winamp...it takes up like...half an inch right above my start menu...

I'm used to winamp, but I do agree with ...saggy breasts wtf I just looked at your username only to find it's that ...uh..anyways yea it does take up a lot of resource. But I'm used to the whole interface, it's very nice and easy to work.
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Quote by cokesodanotdrug
I don\'t have any problems with winamp...it takes up like...half an inch right above my start menu...

I\'m used to winamp, but I do agree with ...saggy breasts wtf I just looked at your username only to find it\'s that ...uh..anyways yea it does take up a lot of resource. But I\'m used to the whole interface, it\'s very nice and easy to work.

When I used it, every single little thing had its own separate panel. It\'s a pain in the ass when you don\'t want that panel for now, and delete that panel. Yet when you need it later, you have to dig through the damn program like a maze to find the option to run that panel again. Whereas in other programs, everything is just separated by tabs and you can just click on another tab to view what you want and go back to the first tab when you need to.
Saggy, it's not really that bad, you only need two parts of winamp the main window and the playlist editor. You can also shrink them down. If you desperatly need the other windows all you have to do is right click the "winamp" uh..whatsitcalled tray icon? no...well you'll see in the pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/cokesodanotdrug/winamp.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/cokesodanotdrug/winamp2.gif
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Quote by cokesodanotdrug
Saggy, it\'s not really that bad, you only need two parts of winamp the main window and the playlist editor. You can also shrink them down. If you desperatly need the other windows all you have to do is right click the \"winamp\" uh..whatsitcalled tray icon? no...well you\'ll see in the pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/cokesodanotdrug/winamp.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/cokesodanotdrug/winamp2.gif

I had 3 redundant panels. 1 for music library. 1 for the actual playback controls. 1 for video screen. Half the time the video screen wasnt needed and half the time it was. I had to exit out and search that bitch out when I wanted it back. Not to mention if I wanted to expand the screen size, it pushes the other 2 panels out of the way, resulting in a messy pile of crap, especially if I need to navigate through something. And wow, it doesn\'t even have a compact toolbar interface like WMP or iTunes do.
oh well, i guess since ive been using for like since i was 14.. that would make it, 7yrs now.. i think winamp rocks. but 'To Each His Own' i guess..
Yeah, I have to agree with some other people in this thread. Winamp is easily my favorite and I can't imagine using something else.

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
I use Winamp on my pc.

But a couple of weeks ago i dusted off my trusty old xbox, bought a router, and installed the latest version of Xbox Media Center.
And i'm glad i did because it's the greatest shit ever. I haven't touched Winamp since.

It's by far the best media player i've ever used, if you can live with the fact that old xboxes are too slow to play HD video and that it currently doesn't support DRM.

But aside from the processing power and DRM thing, it supports every file format you can think of. So ogg, mp4/m4a and flac are no problem.
Just set up your music collection as a shared network folder and import it into XBMC's library. With such a setup, you do have to keep you computer running to have access to your music. But that can be solved by installing a bigger harddisk in your xbox or plugging a UPnP harddisk into the network.

What's cooler than being able to browse through all your music from your sofa, on a nice big screen with a comfy remote control, a sleek user interface, tons of streaming services and integrated support for things like allmusic.com and last.fm?
I'll tell you what's cooler than that: installing software on your Sony PSP that enables you to use it as a WiFi remote with an on-screen display.
It also has a built-in webserver that allows you to control everything from any computer in the network, and there's a firefox plugin that adds control buttons in the task bar.

And you haven't seen visualisations untill you've seen Milkdrop on a big flatscreen TV

Comparable devices like the AppleTV or those Pinnacle media streaming boxes cost at least three times as much as a used modded xbox, and don't nearly have as many features. You can probably get a modded xbox and good router (Linksys make very good ones) for less than $150.
I would use Itunes, but it crackles and pops like vinyl. WMP for me, its ok
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I use or Windows Media Player (which always has included a EQ) or radioblogclub.com
Last edited by JvL at Mar 16, 2007,
Quote by Dirge Humani
I use Linux, and iTunes is too complicated to format for Linux, so now I use something called VLC media player. Not nearly as good, but gets the job done. But, when I use Windows, it's iTunes.

Not too complicated, its closed source and apple aren't gonna GPL it. at all. let alone make a linux version.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
im also using winamp to play my music, it depends what ur needs are, and how organised ur music is

i use to use wmp, but i dont miss the compact toolbar thing, cause my keyboards got play controls on it
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

Wmp 11 the best downloaded itunes and i hate it i love my Wmp11

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood