...and I have to say it was pretty enjoyable.

I got the whole Argus album and listened to it straight through, good stuff. Sounds like CSN, Allman Brothers and prog Genesis mixed together. It's been a little while since I found something totally new by a CR band that I enjoy, so this is rather exciting for me.

There were a few low points (meh lyrics, some rare sloppy playing in an otherwise clean record) but overall it's quite enjoyable.

Any recommendations for new albums to check out? And if you don't know these guys, do try to listen at some point.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
If you liked Argus, I'm sure you will like their live album. "Live Dates"
Try some Robin Trower if you havn't already
hurray. about time more people listened to Wishbone Ash. Argus might be my favorite album...ever...? it's possible.

and anyone of the first 4 albums are good. Pilgrimage is probably my 2nd favorite behind Argus, then their self titled I think.

its a damn shame their original lineup couldn't stay together longer though
oooh you're orange now

congratulation

and wishbone ash, well i think they'd fit better in the metal forum than here

just like motorhead, they're less "classic rock" :p

(and unlike black sabbath, who fits in both)
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by rx_eb
oooh you're orange now

congratulation

and wishbone ash, well i think they'd fit better in the metal forum than here

just like motorhead, they're less "classic rock" :p

(and unlike black sabbath, who fits in both)

Thanks

... but metal? Argus doesn't sound metal at all to me, just folky or uptempo rock. Maybe they had a metal sound on another album?
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
Thanks

... but metal? Argus doesn't sound metal at all to me, just folky or uptempo rock. Maybe they had a metal sound on another album?

*sighs* perhaps I'm deaf or I might have listened to the wrong band
My Spanish Hearts
^ yeah, they're guitar driven, but far from metal.

and you know Argus was voted best album in England of 1972...thats ahead of Close to the Edge, Thick as a Brick, and Foxtrot. Those are 4 of my probably top 7 albums ever. and I completely agree that Argus was the best of '72.
Woo hoo, I just legally obtained the Argus cd. With some bonus tracks
oh yeah, I forgot to mention the bonus tracks kick serious ass. thats like 35 minutes of bonus live performances from there best period. and all 3 are great songs.
I tried to order the live date,s on cd about 8 or 9 years ago and the three place,s that ordered it for me said it was not released in the U S A .but I did get to burn a copy of the 2cd set around 5 years ago.p m me i,ll fix u up
Yeah when I dug through my dad's LPs for the first time a couple of years ago their was a load of Wishbone Ash stuff there. It was kinda weird though, cos he'd never mentioned them before, likewise with the (almost) entire collection of Zep stuff, Cream, the Who, Robin Trower, Hendrix...the list goes on. It was bizarre, as though he had turned his back on his teenage years, as the only thing he ever had playing whenever I was around that I liked was Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac and the Allman Bros. The rest was all kinda adult contemporary that was a little, erm, soft. Then I got into the said CR music and slowly he's come around to his past. But as I said, it was bizarre, like he was purposely blotting out a huge part of his life.