Many of you have probably heard of the one of the newer shows on MTV called Juvies. For those of you who don't know about it, it's this show where MTV sends in camera crews and covers the "drama" that goes on inside a juvenile corrections facility. Jesus tap-dancing Christ, now MTV is cashing in on the misfortune of minors? It just pisses me off that A, they are broadcasting the shit these kids got into to millions of viewers and B, they are making lots of money doing so. What the hell is next for the wonderfully thoughtful people over at MTV?

Oh, I got it! How bout a show about homeless people! They can send crews out to find some bums and follow them around for the day. They will get all sorts of footage of them doing things such as scavenging for food and trying to find shelter during a rain storm. At the same time the crew is enjoying McDonald's and keeping nice and dry in their ponchos.

Here's another amazing show idea. How bout a special about border jumpers? MTV can send one of their peppy VJs down to the Mexican/American border and hold a video request show while taking bets on illegals running from the border patrol! Man, that is quality television right there.

In closing, don't tell me they made Juvies to show what "life on the inside" is like and to try to influence kids to try harder to stay on the right side of the law. That's grade A bullshit. Sure it may do that, but the real reason is that they saw an opportunity to make some greenbacks, so they pounced on it. People eat this shit up because somehow it makes them feel better about their own lives and how "good they have it". Fuck that, and fuck Juvies.

I'm bored, and I need coffee...
I agree that Juvies is invasive and immoral but unfortunately I doubt neither your rants nor mind will get the show cancelled.
Quote by Shea Donoghue
So... Do you watch this show hence your knowledge of it?

I wouldn't want to be misinformed before I go and make an ass of myself on an internet forum now, would I?
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
Dont give MTV anymore Ideas! they'll probably use those too. XD

I'm counting on it.

Quote by JoshRidesBikes
Do you think its actually real? All shows like that are scripted.
Idiot

You're scripted!
I watched it and really thought of it as a watered down and commericialized "Scared Straight", but with a bit of Survivor-rating tactics thrown in.
Some of the stuff that "just so happens" is pretty ridiculous, like some kid trying to kill himself and another trying to break down the cell door? C'mon...
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
i agree that its stupid, but maybe they're hoping it will show kids how much juvy sucks, and convince them to be good. doubt it though. its probably for the ratings, like everything else mtv-like.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I like it just because I like watching shows about prisons and "detention centers". The idea of how they run them and such interests me for some reason.
Juvie (the place) doesnt suck that bad, ive been to worse. But yeah that show is horrible.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You forgot to mention it has nothing to do with music.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I think the lowest MTV went was the true life with all the meth addicts...how high were they to agree to let them show it on TV?
Quote by happytimeharry

Here's another amazing show idea. How bout a special about border jumpers? MTV can send one of their peppy VJs down to the Mexican/American border and hold a video request show while taking bets on illegals running from the border patrol! Man, that is quality television right there.

ok, i would watch that.

seriously though, no one is forcing those kids to be on the show, and no one is forcing you to watch it.
... Brampton, Ontario?

Meadowvale and Clarkson in Mississauga are wayyy worse than Brampton. All Brampton's got is brown gangstas, but we in MDV and Clarkson have to deal with real shit

And Juvies? I lol'd at the commercial. Who gets sent to Juvenile Hall for possession of Marijuana
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I proudly profess that I've never heard of the show. It's probably scripted like the rest of MTV's programming.