Page 1 of 2
shouldn't you be burning churches right now, you Satan worshipper?
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
SATANism....?
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Because his name is in the word
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
The name maybe, just a really far fetched guess.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Because satanism gives off the connotation that Satan (the devil) is the deity of the religion although those who know better know that Satanists don't actually believe in the devil.
thats because everyone is retarded. they classify things before they even bother looking into it. its like the brother religion of buddhism, but no. since people here satan in it, they automatically assume its devil worship. well those people are wrong. thats called ANTCHRISTIAN!!
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
the "satan" might be what throws people off...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
There's another thread where this would have fit in just fine.....

But why wouldn't anyone assume that Satanism had everything to do with Satan?
Quote by Archetype00
thats because everyone is retarded. they classify things before they even bother looking into it. its like the brother religion of buddhism, but no. since people here satan in it, they automatically assume its devil worship. well those people are wrong. thats called ANTCHRISTIAN!!

Well, seeing how SATAN IS ANTICHRISTIAN.
Quote by babyjoyce
Does it exist?

Yes, it exists, dummy, it's not really a religion per se, though. It's more like a philosophy and a way of life. Pick up a couple of books on the subject and figure it out.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Maybe people associate the devil with Satanism because the name "Satan" takes up five-eighths of the word. That's what Satanism is, you moron. Kind of like "Christianity" is the worship of Jesus Christ. You must be either dyslexic or retarded, and dystarded would probably be a good description, as well.
Quote by maroon5mustdie
Maybe people associate the devil with Satanism because the name "Satan" takes up five-eighths of the word. That's what Satanism is, you moron. Kind of like "Christianity" is the worship of Jesus Christ. You must be either dyslexic or retarded, and dystarded would probably be a good description, as well.

Except that Satanism is actually just dark, flashy self-worship. The Church of Satan is pretty well defined. Semantics be damned.
Live fast, die young.
Well let me explain my theology on it. Well, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't satanism about pleasures of the body? Isn't that how Marilyn Manson described it on the history channel? Well, if what you pursue is pleasures in the now and of the body, it makes you secular. Secular also means to oppose the church. So, with that confusing link of chains, you could say that the devil is anything that opposes the church, thus making it satanistic.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Archetype00

threadstarter asked why people "automatically assume" it. not why people think it after research. "automatically assume" is basically a first glace or gut reaction.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Quote by Archetype00

Lol at you calling anybody retarded and then comparing satanism to Buddhism. Satanism focuses on self-worship. Buddhism focuses on making yourself nothing. They're the opposite.

You fail at life. Go listen to Marylyn Manson and cut yourself, noob.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by musicianamedave
Lol at you calling anybody retarded and then comparing satanism to Buddhism. Satanism focuses on self-worship. Buddhism focuses on making yourself nothing. They're the opposite.

You fail at life. Go listen to Marylyn Manson and cut yourself, noob.

+1 christianity FTW!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

^ I don't think that's what he was going for, dude.

Anyways, even though it's been said already, people automatically assume Satanism worships Satan because Satan is IN THE F*CKING NAME!!!
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Quote by NGD1313
Because satanism gives off the connotation that Satan (the devil) is the deity of the religion although those who know better know that Satanists don't actually believe in the devil.

you mean LaVeyist Satanists dont believe in the devil, there are other types of satinsim that actively involve worshiping the christian deity satan.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by musicianamedave
Que? No, I'm buddhist.

I never said you were christian, but while im at it, Christianity FTW!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
I never said you were christian, but while im at it, Christianity FTW!

lol. Okies.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you mean LaVeyist Satanists dont believe in the devil, there are other types of satinsim that actively involve worshiping the christian deity satan.

I know, I was going to say most Satanists as I believe the majority of Satanists (that actually follow their religion and don't just say they're satanists because it's cool to hate God these days) are LaVeyist Satanists but I'm not positive on that.
Thats like asking what Christ has to do with Christmas...or what Oats have to do with Oatmeal...

If you do follow Satanism (LaVey), you shouldnt need to ask should a stupid question.

Dont bother coming back to UG. Go lay in a ditch and wait for the homeless to loot your worthless body.
Quote by deanodon
break into his house, wait till he falls asleep, teabag him, take picture, post on UG, get banned
Lavey satanism is a philosophy

Theistic satanism is the worship of a deity
The way theistic satanism is practiced depends, essentially on the interpretation of the bible and / or other religious texts.

Interesting fact: you know how everyone says Marilyn Manson throws dogs off his stage and gets the crowd to kill them? One of the laws of the church of satan is that you can't hurt animals, except in self-defense or for food.
Therefore, if it were true that he did kill animals he wouldn't be in the church of satan, much less directly associated with Peter H. Gilmore
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
i can't believe this thread is still going. no one has said:
*reported* religion thread dumbass

don't worry I didn't report it, just giving an example
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
People just dont want to take the time to learn about Satanist's etc cuz the media tells them all they need....Sickens me really
But what can be done eh?
site?
I love music!
I hate how it turns us on each other!
I support music as a whole! not this useless hate!
It's not all that far off that people would believe Satanism has to do with satan because well it does in a way. It`s a rather broad term originally created by the roman catholic church for those who did not follow the christian was and in some cases protested violently. So because they did not follow the christian ways they are in some ways similar to satan himself but it was mostly just a derogetory term. The term satanism is still usable for those who do worship the devil because it is all related. In fact in the catholic`s eyes i would be considered a satanist because i do dispise the catholic church (and some other religions but mostly the catholics) quite a bit. So in the end it isn`t wrong for people to believe it has to do with the devil, there just blowing it a bit out of proportion, but that is what the christians wanted:P (keep in mind i could be wrong with all of this)
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Read the first page of this thread. And I'm not "sucking up" to it. I just think that UG would be a lot better without people wigging out all the time.

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
I tried explaining to my friends the other day about why Satanist's don't technically "worship" Satan. They didn't get it. My friends insisted they did, sheerly because the word "Satan" is in the name.

Anyway, I think the thread was pretty much over anyway. My point was even the small little things just prove to be eyesores because they build up. Maybe not all in one thread but spread out throughout the forums. They get annoying after a while. -Shrug-

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
I completely understand ur point I used to be a satanist till I changed and I didnt really like some of the teachings but i am not christian i am just my own religion but people need to learn satanist dont worship satan
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
finally another satanist around here. lol i thought i was the only actual one. wait are you one? eh who cares. satan is actually just used as a symbol for the carnal side of man. the christian church preaches that the carnal desires of man are sin. satanism teaches to embrace those urges, in order to achieve your own happiness.
If i could, id change my user name!
dont worry u r not alone I am basically satanist i just dont call myself one because it freaks peolple out my guitar is actually named after leviathan and I hate all the ritual side of things in the satanist religion but i follow everything else
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
Page 1 of 2