There is a Jackson Rhoads of some kind at my local music store. I know that it has a LFR, and Duncan Designed Pickups. Its in a black finish, has one volume knob and no pickguard. What model is this, and is it worth $250 used? Thanks for any help I can get on this.
If it's alright condition, I'd say that you were in good hands.

Let me try and search for the model..... Hold on a sec.

Edit: Describe the inlays....
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Mar 15, 2007,
It sounds like a Kevin Bond signature to me, only with a Licensed Floyd Rose and standard inlays, rather than the pentagrams. I'll search some more....
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']It sounds like a Kevin Bond signature to me, only with a Licensed Floyd Rose and standard inlays, rather than the pentagrams. I'll search some more....
He said it had Duncan Designed Pickups, as in 2.
Dude Rhodes... Plus Duncans... Plus LFR... Why haven't you bought it yet... Geez dude thats amazing (unless its all like messed up...) I would do even if it had a huge dint in the headstock...
^ Well when I played it at the store, it wasnt set up and the tuners were ****ed up, but the guitar tech said that he was about to fix it, so when I go there next time Im gonna check it out. Luckily by 16th birthday is in a month, so maybe I can work out a deal with my parents.

One more question on this though... How bad is the LFR really? I hear bad things about them here, but on other sites I hear that they are pretty good. Like what is really wrong with them? I know that their made out of a different type of metal thats softer than the OFR, but is that the only difference?
Quote by thetoastinator
^ Well when I played it at the store, it wasnt set up and the tuners were ****ed up, but the guitar tech said that he was about to fix it, so when I go there next time Im gonna check it out. Luckily by 16th birthday is in a month, so maybe I can work out a deal with my parents.

One more question on this though... How bad is the LFR really? I hear bad things about them here, but on other sites I hear that they are pretty good. Like what is really wrong with them? I know that their made out of a different type of metal thats softer than the OFR, but is that the only difference?

Lets put it this way its better then a two point fulcrum... Those things are just such crap to put on and off, plus it feels like your going to brake it...
Quote by thetoastinator

That single difference means alot. It means that they'll wear out with time and lose the hability to keep tune.

Also, it'll probably be stiffer and have less range than an OFR... But if you're willing to fork out some cash, I think it's a direct swap for an OFR.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.