I am in need of a metal amp that can handle EMG 81 picks ups. My present amp can not handle them at all and I can not annoy my neighbors with the musical stylings of Death unless I can have an amp that can handle it. So, what is a good metal amp that can handle the insanity of me playing with giving me a bunch of feedback.
+1 to everything said above me.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by garden of grey
Peavey 5150 combo will most likely be your best answer unless you are loaded.

He'll probably have to get that used.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Scarchest
I am in need of a metal amp that can handle EMG 81 picks ups. My present amp can not handle them at all and I can not annoy my neighbors with the musical stylings of Death unless I can have an amp that can handle it. So, what is a good metal amp that can handle the insanity of me playing with giving me a bunch of feedback.

Explain how your current amp cant "handle" EMGs...??

And wouldnt ANY amp you get still annoy your neighbors??

And it sounds to me like all you want is distortion,...so why not just a couple BOSS MT-2s, put em infront of your amp, and turn their distortion all the way up?

Not to sound rude or anything...just curious...
i have a thing for the Genz Benz Eldiablo 60c
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
I want a Thrash sound but I do like the whole Neo-Classical part. My price range is pretty much anything below 700ish.
Try out a line6 spider II. It's a half decent modelling amp, and you should be able tog et close to every metal tone out there, for less than that randall amp, and in mutliple wattages. I have one, and I think it's too metal for me, but if you want the metal sound, I don't think you'll find anything better (except possibly a vox modelling) in the price range.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/line-6-pedals-bass-guitars-amps-music-software-gear?N=100001+201010&Ntk=All&Ntt=Spider&Nty=1&page=1
Quote by The_Syrus
Try out a line6 spider II. It's a half decent modelling amp, and you should be able tog et close to every metal tone out there, for less than that randall amp, and in mutliple wattages. I have one, and I think it's too metal for me, but if you want the metal sound, I don't think you'll find anything better (except possibly a vox modelling) in the price range.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/line-6-pedals-bass-guitars-amps-music-software-gear?N=100001+201010&Ntk=All&Ntt=Spider&Nty=1&page=1

No- just no.

Roland cube 60 or a peavey 5150/6505 or XXX (or even JSX) if you want something bigger- depends on your price range
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I already have a Line 6 Amp but is there a way for me to find a way to get rid of the annoying feedback sound when not playing other then muteing?
Quote by Scarchest
I already have a Line 6 Amp but is there a way for me to find a way to get rid of the annoying feedback sound when not playing other then muteing?

Try the built in noise gate it has maybe?

New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
And I really don't want a tube amp. I know they are amazing but I don't have the money to repair it every three months and I gig and band practice alot so my amps tend to get beat up thus wanting a solid.
what gave you the impression that you have to 'repair' a tube amp every three months?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
^every three months, are you on crack?

if repair, you mean replace tubes, then it wont need repairing every 3 months. tubes can go 5 to 7 years. if you are giggin quite often, then 3 to 5 years.

a XXX combo will be less than 700.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Internet, now i feel stupid for saying that. Well, I need a new metal amp that I can get a really great metal sound from. My Line 6 is n't cutting it.
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
what gave you the impression that you have to 'repair' a tube amp every three months?

+1 myne is 14 years old and ive had it for about 4 months and a bit now and it hasnt broken once :/ tubes only need to be changed once every 2 years and thats if you crank it up constantly. and thats just the power tubes...if you crank constantly pre amp tubes last 4 years :/
But what was wrong with the Randall amp? It seems good for me though from what I have read through the reviews.
No- just no.

Roland cube 60 or a peavey 5150/6505 or XXX (or even JSX) if you want something bigger- depends on your price range

I'm pretty sure he only wants a bedroom practice amp and not one of those.

I tend not to have a problem with this because whenever I stop playing I rest my hand on the strings so as to not clutter whatever other sounds are playing and because I find it comfortable. But here are some tips: Use the noise gate, turn off the built in distortion, lower the treble increase the mid, turn down your master volume and increase the channel, or just try a different channel. The Red Metal LED tends to feed back a lot, where as the Green tends not to, (but is disproportionatly louder than any other channel)

I have EMG pick ups as well, and I tend to not have a problem with feedback, unless I've purposely created it, try lowering your pickups a bit.

consider PMing me and I'll see if I can give you more specific help.
Last edited by The_Syrus at Mar 16, 2007,
Theres nothing really wrong with that randall, but for the price, you can get a tube combo that can easily be pushed with a cheap overdrive pedal to give you a metal sound and alot better tone.
Quote by The_Syrus
I'm pretty sure he only wants a bedroom practice amp and not one of those.
Cube 30 then?
Or microcube
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Or he can just save his money and learn how to properly adjust his amplifier and guitar to reduce feedback and spend that money he has saved up on something nicer then a crappy randall.