I need to know what kind of pickups are in the hofner violin bass from the icon series. I've done some looking around and couldn't find much. i'm not good at looking for things on the net really. and if anybody knows anything about the kind of tone they would have that would be great. here's a link to the actual bass on musiciansfriend.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=511788&src=3SOSWXXA

Thx for your help everybody.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I played that exact bass and it was the second worst sounding bass I've ever played (the first being a fretless Gibson EB-1). Those basses are short scale, and somehow manage to be clackity while sounding completely like mud at the same time. It must be the airy semihollowness. Hofners were never good basses; Paul only chose one because 1) he's a stingy bastard and it was half the price of a Precision, and 2) Hofners wouldn't look as goofy as Precisions being played left-handed. Hofner is really making as much money as they can off of it's celebrity status. The tone is the the sound of a fart in a box. Put a credit card on your mouth and hum with your nose plugged, if you can't find a big enough box.

I don't know if you noticed, but I don't like Hofners.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..