Hey all,
I write a lot of stuff on Guitar Pro, and one night I was listening to some Postal Service and wanted to do something like that. This is pretty much the result. Other then possibly the drums, it sounds nothing like Postal Service, but still kind of cool in my opinion. Check 'er out. Sorry for the repeats if it gets boring: I left room for lyrics/vocals when I add them. Guitar solo at the end is.... okay. Let me know what you think, and if you want, I can probably crit yours too. I'll be gone for the weekend, but I'll get to it eventually.
Thanks folks,
Attachments:
Failed Attempt.zip
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Last edited by Revalk at Mar 16, 2007,
it was good. i think that last bend should bend up a full step then bend back down.
Yeah, the last bend was kind of meant to leave things hanging a little and seem out of place, but perhaps it'd be better that way.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

it sounded alright. you were right, this definitely wasn't my type of music, but i appreciate the thought behind it. I think a couple of the bends during the solo seemed a little out of place IMO.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
Yeah, I was thinking of looking at the solo again. I did it pretty quick.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

I liked the whole thing except for the drum beat. I think it came on a bit strong from the off-point. I found the sound FX particulary interesting, but I didn't like how the song was a bit stop and go all the way through, like it stops for a strings break then comes back.

Also, please get rid of the bend at the very end

With vocals and a longer run time, this could be an interesting song 6/10
Haha, all the attempts I made at giving it an electronic-y feel are the things people aren't feeling, haha. I still kinda like the bend at the end though It's weird, but good-weird, somehow.

Unfortunately, despite trying to sing for a long long time, I've never been any decent, so probably wont be any vocals any time soon.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

well... this is... different. It sounds very sci-fi to me, but i actually like it. I don't see what everybody's problem is with the bend at the end. I'd leave it as it is because if that was on an album it would run very well into the next song.

This is good, 6.5/10
It sounded pretty good, alot different than what I usually listen to, but I still enjoyed it.
Quote by alex-x-x
the bend is well cool i love it
Your grammar compels me to listen to you...
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B