Ok. I thought of this wonderful little idea.
I have a little black accent hatchback which I think would be perfect for turning into a guitar-car.
I was thinking if you took an small amp, maybe around 15 watts. Put it in the hatch, then got one of those solar panel things, a battery and the proper electric circuitry,
you could then throw a custom guitar stand in the back seat and take a guitar anywhere with you.
If you go to alot of bush parties you could still have some nice playing time.
During a concert intermission you could go out to the parking lot, grab a beer and have a little tailgate jam.
I think the only problem would be the theft risk.
What do you think?
if you got money and time to waste go for it.. other than that you could just get a car conversion power adapter and plug the amp into that.. total cost.. like 65 american... plus you can always take it out if you're worried about theft.
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
It's a pretty sweet idea... But you're right about the theft risk. I had a friend here in Singapore who hooked his guitar up to his car stereo thru the auxiliary channel, and it turned out to be excellent.
Buy you a Power Invertor

And you can plug your amp into that.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Yeah, I thought of going through the stereo, but I don't want to use the cars battery if I can help it.
I'm weird like that.
This way you can have the car off, not wasting anything but sunlight
Quote by skate_guitar
Yeah, I thought of going through the stereo, but I don't want to use the cars battery if I can help it.
I'm weird like that.
This way you can have the car off, not wasting anything but sunlight

Just have your panel feed directly into a battery and hook the inverter up to it.

I don't know how long it will last considering you won't get a lot of juice from the solar panel
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
ive connected my guitar to by brother's car before.
basically it was guitar> amp> rca cables (red and white plastic things) through headphone jack with an adaptor> car stereo. The amp i powered with a power inverter ( connects through the ciggarette lighter and turns battery power to usable electricity).
great for road trips.
I don't think you would need a solar cell for something like that, just use a power inverter, the only downside is that the car would have to be on, or you would drain the battery.

As for the guitar, i would never take it anywhere with me. I live in Arizona, where during the summer, you can literally bake cookies on your dashboard. I wouldn't want to expose my guitar to that kind of heat. Now I don't know about the climate in your area, but the temprature is a true concern.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
are you planning to have the guitar in the car the whole time? or just chuck it in whenever you feel like it? if its the first, theres that risk that you'll damage the guitar if its kept in the car due to the temperature. nonetheless, cool idea.

a better one? use a hummer and half stacks.

edit: iceman 8319 beat me to it about the heat thing...
KsE

You know they rock.
Last edited by de.sandman at Mar 16, 2007,
Quote by iceman_8319
ive connected my guitar to by brother's car before.
basically it was guitar> amp> rca cables (red and white plastic things) through headphone jack with an adaptor> car stereo. The amp i powered with a power inverter ( connects through the ciggarette lighter and turns battery power to usable electricity).
great for road trips.
I don't think you would need a solar cell for something like that, just use a power inverter, the only downside is that the car would have to be on, or you would drain the battery.

As for the guitar, i would never take it anywhere with me. I live in Arizona, where during the summer, you can literally bake cookies on your dashboard. I wouldn't want to expose my guitar to that kind of heat. Now I don't know about the climate in your area, but the temprature is a true concern.

Yeah the tempurature would also be a problem. But more the cold. I've had frost on the gear shift many times.

Quote by de.sandman
are you planning to have the guitar in the car the whole time? or just chuck it in whenever you feel like it? if its the first, theres that risk that you'll damage the guitar if its kept in the car due to the temperature. nonetheless, cool idea.

a better one? use a hummer and half stacks.

well I was thinking about keeping it in there, but no.
Just when it would seem practical
Last edited by skate_guitar at Mar 16, 2007,
VW already made one :P

It's in conjunction with First Act guitars
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Well of course it's already been done before.
I don't really know why I even posted this... maybe I just wanted attention
Playing your guitar through your car speakers totally ruins them.
Trust me on this.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."