ive recently been offered one of these beasties for about 50 bucks. Which i think is a good deal, ive read a few reviews of them but i though id ask for the forums opinion.

Should i go for it or just leave it?

Comments welcome
Personally, I wouldn't buy one unless it was practically given to me. I've tried one before and I didn't really like it. If you're looking for a good metal distortion pedal, go for a BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone (I'm extremely happy with mine), or my second choice would be a Line 6 Uber Metal.
you will fight death as you slowly realize...
This is pretty coincidental because a friend of mine actually did give his to me for free this tuesday. I play some metal, Children of Bodom being about the heaviest I go, and I thought it was too heavy for me. Also, the gain is not controllable, so no, unless you play exclusively death metal, I would not recommend it.

P.S. $50 isn't a very good deal, thats the regular price at Musician's Friend.
Cool, thanks for the tips, i had listened to some tunes i could get from it on thier official site, and though it wasnt too bad, but i dont exclusively play death metal, so i guess it isnt the best one.
Well I never managed to get a good sound out of it that didn't give me uncontrollable nasty feedback but give it a go if you want.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
If you're looking for a good metal distortion pedal, go for a BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone (I'm extremely happy with mine)

Ignore this.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.