For those of you who are sick and tired of picking up that guitar and spending days plucking away those same few notes here is a few pointers that i know will help.

!. Don't be discouraged! Like everything in life doing it for the first time is always the hardest. So all i can say is go to the nearest music shop and buy a chord book. This is the beginning step into a little confidence on that fretboard.

2. Listen to others.. You ever hear something really awesome at the music store and you were like " OMG that dudes insane" Well chances are if you confront him he will probably not give you the time of day. Well if you have a few friends who play and are ok get a few pointers from them. Help is a very kind thing so take it from whoever will acknowledge you need it.

3. One Step Closer! OK this is probably the most helpful and easiest way to learn fast. Yes their is a thing called lessons but half the time we don't want to play what the teacher is teaching. IMO the easiest way to learn is by EAR! For you beginners put in a cd that is just your basic song layout. Verse, Bridge, Chorus, and Verse Chorus. Look up the tabs if you are having trouble and start from there. Learn one whole song before trying another.

I will list a few songs from each genre that i think are the easiest to learn if you have any questions please ask i am always here to answer anyones questions.

Alternative:

Nirvana - Polly, Green Day - When I Come Around

Rock:

Guns n Roses - Used to Love Her, Staind - Outside

Metal:

Metallica - Enter Sandman, Judas Priest - Living After Midnight

Southern Rock:

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama, Free Bird

again if you have any questions feel free to ask
The most talented man on earth...
Guitar Basics forum?
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums