I heard about a documentary made by the Discovery Channel where they did a documentary on some murders supposedly inspired by death metal in Italy. It aired sometime in 2005 and had an interview with one of the Deicide guys.
Does anyone know where I can go on the internet to watch it?
And does anyone have a link to Metal: A Headbangers Journey?
Meh...both are good for a laugh. The Discovery Doc. was very interesting, though it was mostly about Satanic stuff...and the only real metal bands they spoke about where Slayer and Deicide. Metal: A Headbangers Journey was pretty good for one watch, but I probably won't watch it again for a long, long time.

You can probably torrent it.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I didn't see the discovery thing. Kinda dumb that they did that though....
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
i remember that, was pretty funny. i love it when they link metal to stuff
i still think my fave was that like 14 page section in kerrang on black metal and how bands use to kill each others members and 1 guy killed the guitarist or singer or sumit then had anal sex with him in his basement or sumit.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
I never saw the Discovery doc, but it sounds.....interesting. Metal: A Headbangers Journey though I thought was really good though.
Quote by nightwalker903
[...]
i still think my fave was that like 14 page section in kerrang on black metal and how bands use to kill each others members and 1 guy killed the guitarist or singer or sumit then had anal sex with him in his basement or sumit.
Yeah, I think you are referring to Mayhem, right?
Although none of them sodimised the dead guy, two of them actually moved the body and posed it, using the picture as a cover for their album. One of the guys supposly still have a piece of his scull. The guy who was found guilty of murdering him, Varg Vikerens aka The Count, is still in prison.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by nightwalker903
i remember that, was pretty funny. i love it when they link metal to stuff

Its funny cos its probably true
BM history = most interesting of all

Anyone have a link to any of these? I haven't seen even one.
Whoa, there are some misguided opinions in this thread. I think I'll leave...
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
In Italy, Andrea Volpe, a 28 year old Deicide fan, and leader of the Italian Deicide Fan Club ("The Beasts of Satan") and a group of other members were convicted of murdering two teenagers in a Satanic ritual.

It's crazy though, Deicide has been related to multiple murders...in Chile this guy slit a priests throat in Deicide's name, and in Florida someone wrote "When Satan Rules His World" (a Deicide song) they were banned from playing.

And somewhere else (I don't remember where) these two teens killed a teacher when they threw a can of peaches through her window while yelling "Deicide!"

Messed up stuff...

And I swear none of that was copied and pasted
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by SinnaSatan
Although none of them sodimised the dead guy, two of them actually moved the body and posed it, using the picture as a cover for their album. One of the guys supposly still have a piece of his scull. The guy who was found guilty of murdering him, Varg Vikerens aka The Count, is still in prison.

A few different bands, one of them being Marduk, have fragments of Dead's skull.

And Varg didn't kill dead, Dead killed Dead with a shotgun, and then Euronymous, the guitar player who found Dead's body, was later killed by Varg, for reasons I don't remember.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by SinnaSatan

Your getting mixed up. Varg killed Euronymous, not Dead, who you are referring to. Dead killed himself, and Euronymous took a picture, and made a necklace from part of his skull. The picture was then used as the album cover. Later, Varg killed Euronymous.
^ Little late, n00b.
Get baked, study theory.

I saw a documentary on Discovery Channel about vampires and they had some pretty compelling arguments of how Jesus was infact a vampire. They went beyond the whole "eat my flesh, drink my blood" and "rise from the dead" stuff too. I almost converted to Christianity just to worship vampires.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Doesn't anyone else love when noobs retell the Mayhem/Burzum thing, virtually every time either band is brought? "I herd vargz rly ate his brain and den stabbed youronimus and ate him 2!"
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
The story is a n00bish one anyway

"zomg I R gna kill u coz I R more mettle heil hitler 666"

Black metal would have had been better Varg's mummy hadn't let him play out back in the day, then we wouldn't have all this "OMG PRAISE VARG!!!" nonsense
Quote by AzureNight
Doesn't anyone else love when noobs retell the Mayhem/Burzum thing, virtually every time either band is brought? "I herd vargz rly ate his brain and den stabbed youronimus and ate him 2!"

Us "noobs" only retold it because someone else did incorrectly.
OMG bl4ckmetul i5 5o c00l th3y k1llz ppl. oh em gee

i luv bl4ckmetul i bought meh cds at hottopic im 5o goth

edit: i'm also a gay vampire
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
If you dont know the mayhem story read "lords of chaos", i frikkin love that book
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by Instrumetal
And Varg didn't kill dead, Dead killed Dead with a shotgun, and then Euronymous, the guitar player who found Dead's body, was later killed by Varg, for reasons I don't remember.
Ah, yes, sorry about that. I read it on the wiki a while ago, and my memory is obviously not as good as it used to be

Heia Norge!
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by Instrumetal
...and in Florida someone wrote "When Satan Rules His World" (a Deicide song) they were banned from playing.

Writing down the track name of a death metal band is BROOOOTAL
Quote by shredhead22
If you dont know the mayhem story read "lords of chaos", i frikkin love that book

That book is full of lies about everything that went on in Norway in the BM scene in the 90s.
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
Quote by Barbarastreisnd
so does anyone know of a way other than torrent i can watch this or is torrent the only way?
they have this cool invention called youtube and another super cooler invention called searching. heard of either?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
they have this cool invention called youtube and another super cooler invention called searching. heard of either?

youtube is blocked on my computer and i have searched elsewhere. that's one of the main reason i asked on ultimateguitar you filthy buttspelunker.
Quote by vashts80
That book is full of lies about everything that went on in Norway in the BM scene in the 90s.

like?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless