Hey guys, I've had my Squier strat for 5 years now. I've just really been noodling around on it for the longest time.... however, I've been working with a guitar coach for 1/2 year now. We both agree that I am a fast learner and I've basically outgrown the guitar. It's really a piece of crap... it's falling apart and it can't keep in tune. Plus, I've always thought the Fender Strat look is nice, but SO overdone.

I've played a few Ibanez's, and I just LOVE them. Light, nice features, cool sound.

I'm debating myself on which one I should get. I want to get a Prestige model, for sure. Maybe a RG550MXX? Or a RG1570? If you have a recommendation from another company, try to keep it in the 500-899 price range.
maybe even go for the Sa prestige's, or the S prestige's

as for the RG prestiges really dont think you can go wrong, just make sure the pickups arent too crap, most Ibanez stock pickups need replacing, unless the RG has dimarzio evo's in it, then your rocking!!!
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
well if you LOVE it go for it man no ones stoppin you. thats what looking for a guitar is about, find out what like and buy it.
What about the RG2550E?

Dimarzios!

Right, but the only problem is is that I love pretty much every RG I've used. I know I'm not an Eddie or a Vai yet, but I do know what to look for in a guitar. Leo Fender did and he couldn't play them!

I'm basically asking which RG is the best stock.
Last edited by DiamondDave at Mar 16, 2007,
well the best stock, would be the most expanisve one... the Ibanez RG2550E would be mad,
seriously you'll never regret having one of those!!! im torn between buying a RG prestige or saving up more for a JEM,

Ibanez are awesome, good luck mate, hope u enjoy whichever Ibanez you have!

by the way i have the IbanezSa160QM-AM, and its a dream to play! though I want a JEM or a prestige, ive played both, best necks
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
^^

Nice selestions with the RG's as I can see...

well for those I'd pick up the RG550MXX because it has that 80's esque thing on the
paint job and the "Wizard Prestige" Neck which is a original Wizard 3 piece neck and
plus the Prestige bindings and things... (not sure though)

Quote by DiamondDave
Hey guys, I've had my Squier strat for 5 years now. I've just really been noodling around on it for the longest time.... however, I've been working with a guitar coach for 1/2 year now. We both agree that I am a fast learner and I've basically outgrown the guitar. It's really a piece of crap... it's falling apart and it can't keep in tune. Plus, I've always thought the Fender Strat look is nice, but SO overdone.

I've played a few Ibanez's, and I just LOVE them. Light, nice features, cool sound.

I'm debating myself on which one I should get. I want to get a Prestige model, for sure. Maybe a RG550MXX? Or a RG1570? If you have a recommendation from another company, try to keep it in the 500-899 price range.

+1 billion on selected Ibanez

I use an RG321, which isn't half bad, but there are better guitars. If you can afford the RG550 reissue, get it. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

However, The Ibanez SZs i find to be amazing, even playing the lower end SZ320s. Phenomenal neck, body is surprisingly light and get get tones from a Les Paul to a SG to a Strat. amazing. If you can afford one, try a Prestige SZ. I actually prefer the feel of SZs to my RG so much i plan on getting an SZ in the summer.

Also, try the S series or SA. They seems to be highly recommended.

Hope this helps.
I would look at an S prestige. Those are really nice and I have an S470 and I love it. The Prestiges were jus tout of my range when I bought it.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Ok, the RG2550E is cheaper than the RG550MXX, yet it has better pickups?

I think the higher price on the 550mxx is due to nostalgia. So far, I'm leaning towards the RG2550E.
s prestiege all t3h wy.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Dude, I have an Ibanez RGA 121. Awesome guitar! What they don't really tell you is that for some reason, on this model, the neck is almost as thin as the original Wizard. I dunno why, but I have been to several sites that have measurements and they seem to be thinner than the Wizard Prestige necks found on the S prestige etc. Whatever it is, it is REALLY thin and fast.

The pickups can use a changing but they do ok for me (bedroom warrior). I know if you look hard enough, the natural and black ones can be had in the 600 range. Be prepared to look a little harder if you want the violin finish in that price range, but I believe its doable (I got mine that way).

Most excellent guitar! It came with an awesome molded case too. The bridge is rediculously awesome and everything is put together high quality.
Ibanez RGA 121 PAF Pro/Evolution 2
Blackheart Little Giant
EH Nano Metal Muff
Well lets see if you like to change tunings alot then i would highly recommend with not going with the RG prestige or S prestige series (well you can go with the S actually). imo for you it would be a better idea to go with the RG1570 or RG2550E rather than the RG550MXX which is more for the collectors (not saying that anyone can get one just they're more of a collectors item imo)
i think u should try and ibanez S 520. it has a really nice neck and has a cool pickup setup where they are spaced apart more than usual
My suggestion is stay away from new. With that kind of money, you could easily get a great RG with GREAT pickups (instead of crappy Ibanez ones) for that kind of money.
haha
If you are getting new, you could still get the RG1570 and replace the bridge pickup with something really really nice. Then you could take the magnet from your stock bridge and put it in the neck. That will turn the crappy V7 neck pickup into a great pickup.
Not taking any online orders.
DUDE I HAVE the rg 1570...everything in it is great excpet the pickups...they are fine but not great ....but i suggest u take a look at the schecter hellraiser......
Thanks for all the help, guys! I really don't know how to change pickups, though .

So far, it looks like the Ibanez RG2250E, but the Schecter Hellraiser has nothing but good reviews on the net. I'll consult my "people"....
the Schecters have fat necks, Ibanez RG's have thin wizard necks, go with the Ibanez,

or even better go play both and choose wichever suits
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Ibanez! I love the RGs. 2550e is what it looks like. I like the bodies more than the Ss, and so does the wallet
Quote by beero
DUDE I HAVE the rg 1570...everything in it is great excpet the pickups...they are fine but not great ....but i suggest u take a look at the schecter hellraiser......

The guy wants an Ibanez and you tell him to look into a schecter?
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
if you like ibanez, but like strats a lot too, try the SA's, i love them, they've got a floating bridge ( it doesn't look it, but it does) and an HSS or HH setup, very versatile, plus the S470 is one of my favorite guitars, you won't regret trying one of those out
This makes a refreshing change from the "I've been playing 5 months and have outgrown my Squier" posts. I'd go for the 2550...to be honest you could probably have upgraded earlier, but kudos to you for realising that it's up to the player to make a guitar sound good.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com