So is it unusual to hear a pop when changing channels (and also rough/smooth mode on my amp (ENGL Savage)? It's happened for as long as i have had the amp but it doesn't always happen, usually only when i switch between rough smooth modes.
Just wondered if valve amps are expected to make this kind of noise?
You can't switch the channels on my valve amp, but it does pop when you switch the sensitivity switch (so I usually put it on standby to do this) and it pops when you turn it off standby too. Shouldn't think it's anything to worry about.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
I think you don't have to worry much about it. My amp (marshall valvestate 8080) also pops when i turn it on... It's just the powerstream that makes your amp pop when you change something... maybe clean the amp, if your REALLY worried about it :P
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Pop sounds from amps are normally just capacitors unloading, if this is what is happening with your amp than it is completely harmless.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Are you using the original footswitch? My amp popped when I used a standard replacement single button switch, but stopped when I got the right one.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.