If you put your guitar strings in the freezer, it will strengthen the durability and lengthen your life of them. dont do them with nylon strings, it will screw them up terribly and will probably crack.
woudlnt they be all slimey and wet when u put them on tho. and unfelixible and stiff?

not to mention cold
Don't you know, I'm the end of what will be?
I think the freezing process is done during manufacture, not when you get home
Jackson DK6
Epiphone Gothic Explorer
Washburn X Series
Randall R50TC
Peavy 100 watt solid state Amp(Early 1990s no idea on model)
Digitech Black 13
Digitech Death Metal
Boss Digital Delay, Noise Gate, Floor Tuner and Phaser
well maybe maybe not, i didnt know they freeze them during manufacturing. theyre not wet if they arent when they go in the freezer. dont put it on right away.
not all strings are frozen, only cetain makes do it
Jackson DK6
Epiphone Gothic Explorer
Washburn X Series
Randall R50TC
Peavy 100 watt solid state Amp(Early 1990s no idea on model)
Digitech Black 13
Digitech Death Metal
Boss Digital Delay, Noise Gate, Floor Tuner and Phaser
Yea, just expose them to a high level of moisture and make them brittle. if you did freeze them, you'd have to let them thaw too. which basically negates the point.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by .::BigAl::.
ahhh which ones.

Probably the ones that say "We freeze our strings all the time"

I don't think you can tell which brands freeze their strings.
Sent from my iPad.
when they make them they cryogenically freeze them. making them wet in ur freezer makes no sense.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
'Cryogenically'? I think that's when they freeze your body a few minutes before you die so that you can be revived in the future.
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
Those types of strings aren't frozen in a normal freezer, they're dipped in liquid nitrogen.

Actually, yeah, they are
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
I'm calling shenanigans on that whole thing. It's also said that EVH used to boil his strings. So if freezing them makes them last longer, then what does boiling do, because he said boiling them makes them last longer.

It just seems to me that guitarists fall for all of these myths far too easily. What's next, "It's got the stuff guitars crave"?
Actually he boiled them to get a better tone and said that there shot after a night of playing.
i thought he said that when you boil them they break easily but he said it didnt matter because he changed them everyday
OR you could just follow these steps:

1. go to guitar shop
2. purchase strings
3. go home
4. take off old strings
5. put on new strings
6. play.

Sounds a bit of a silleh ideas to me to be honest
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by cokeisbetter
'Cryogenically'? I think that's when they freeze your body a few minutes before you die so that you can be revived in the future.

Dean Markley Blue Steel strings (which I play exclusively until I find something I like better) are cryogenically frozen.

To quote their website:

"That's right, this is the one everyone's been talking about. It's simply amazing what a little -320º liquid nitrogen can do to a guitar string. If I were you, I'd put on a set and see what all the noise is about. Twice the tone and twice the life."

So Ngawtfizjuice was right on the money.

As far as freezing yourself, read on:

http://www.totse.com/en/fringe/life_extension/cryogenicfreez170566.html
Quote by TwoString
I'm calling shenanigans on that whole thing. It's also said that EVH used to boil his strings. So if freezing them makes them last longer, then what does boiling do, because he said boiling them makes them last longer.

It just seems to me that guitarists fall for all of these myths far too easily. What's next, "It's got the stuff guitars crave"?

boiling strings cleans them and makes them sound new again. this is common pratice in bass strings when strings cost up to 40+ dollars a set. makes a set last about a year, rather than 6 months.

why you would boil guitar strings seems silly. its 4 dollars.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
People dont really boil guitar strings, EVH did it so they would stretch and be "broken in" and have better tone for a show so he didnt have to play them to stretch them and get rid of the newish sound. As stated above, it made the strings weaker, but he was only using them for that night anyways.
freezing them in your freezer wont do anything, it doesnt get cold enough and is a moist enviroment, they need to be flash frozen with liquid nitrogen for freezing to cause the metal to undergo any changes, other than rusting.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm