Ok guys, need your input here. I have been researching LOTS and asking a lot of questions. I finally decided on a Seymour Duncan SH-5 in the bridge of my epi les paul, and then a SH-1 Pearly Gates in the neck position. price not an issue. I play grunge, classic rock, classic metal, etc. I am going to be getting a Vox AD50VT soon. Tell me what you think, thanks.
pearly gates is too. i was going to put one in my bridge, but i got sidetracked with other projects.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Sounds good to me as well. That setup will give you enough versitility to play just about any kind of music.
Not taking any online orders.
Good setup, I like the Pearly Gates in the neck for those times when you're feeling a bit more rebellious than usual. Look at the Custom 5 for the bridge too, it has an Alnico 5 magnet instead of ceramic - if you want a harder edge to your lead tone then stick with the regular custom, but if you like a warmer "spongier" sound" then the Custom 5 may be a better bet.

And nice one metrobunny for creating a Seymour Duncan thread that doesn't begin.

"I nd newpups but i cant decid betwn teh SH8 Invader and SH-13 Dimebucker. I ha a line 6 spider I pla metal, hardcore, grindcore, metalcore, hardmetalgrindcore, applecore and Andrea Corr."

Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 16, 2007,
The combo you selected is good, but maybe try a hot rodded set or a JB and Alnico Pro II combo.
Hahaha steven, that had me laughing, but you made me spit out my macaroni! Anyway, thanks for all the input. The last thing I was wondering was would it be better to get the regular SH-1 or the Pearly gates. Whats the difference? Did I make a good selection?
The neck pickup on the pearly gates isn't as hot as the 59 (the bridge pickup is hotter tho) and it has an alnico 2 magnet. The lower ohms makes the pickup brighter, the alnico 2 makes it warmer with more sustain, but the alnico 2 and lower ohms rating also lower the overal output of the pickup. The pearly gates also has 4 conductor wire which gives you more wiring option. All and All the Pearly gates and the 59 sound very similar.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by steven seagull
Good setup, I like the Pearly Gates in the neck for those times when you're feeling a bit more rebellious than usual. Look at the Custom 5 for the bridge too, it has an Alnico 5 magnet instead of ceramic - if you want a harder edge to your lead tone then stick with the regular custom, but if you like a warmer "spongier" sound" then the Custom 5 may be a better bet.

And nice one metrobunny for creating a Seymour Duncan thread that doesn't begin.

"I nd newpups but i cant decid betwn teh SH8 Invader and SH-13 Dimebucker. I ha a line 6 spider I pla metal, hardcore, grindcore, metalcore, hardmetalgrindcore, applecore and Andrea Corr."

Whaaa, I thought you were the Dimarzio Breed man!

Anyway, sounds like a good combo of pickups.
theyre good for the kinda shit you wanna play
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
Whaaa, I thought you were the Dimarzio Breed man!

Anyway, sounds like a good combo of pickups.

I am, but I stuck a Custom 5/PG set in my Epi Les Paul The Breeds are great, but they could be a bit much in a Les Paul and make things a bit too warm and fat...I wanted it to snarl a bit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com