Well my band got a gig playing on 4th of july. The guy that runs the show said he wants to hear some rock songs and a little punk. He made it really clear that he just wants cover songs. We are filling an hour slot to a crowd of 1500 ranging in age from 20-50.

So far we know that we are going to play animals by nickleback, killing in the name of, and Time is running out by muse. Anyone got ideas of songs we should cover?
Journey - Don't Stop Believing!

Possbily the best floor filling song about!
Everyone loves Journey really.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
some Black Sabbath?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Dean Michael Schenker Custom
Ibanez MTM1
Ibanez Canary Chorus
Ibanez Shark Distortion
Boss CS-3
Dunlop DB01 Dimbag Crybaby From Hell
Quote by metallica1222
some Black Sabbath?

sweet leaf FTW! i dont really lei sabbath but thast just such a groovy song
try paranoid really works great, the offspring's walla walla is a nice one too, and some the ramones songs
mötley crue - Kickstart my heart
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
audioslave - cochise
rob zombie - never gonna stop
RHCP - readymade
darkness - i believe in a thing called love
blink 182 - whats my age again
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
Last edited by FuriousRyder at Mar 16, 2007,
Quote by Iceman729
Well my band got a gig playing on 4th of july. The guy that runs the show said he wants to hear some rock songs and a little punk. He made it really clear that he just wants cover songs. We are filling an hour slot to a crowd of 1500 ranging in age from 20-50.

So far we know that we are going to play animals by nickleback, killing in the name of, and Time is running out by muse. Anyone got ideas of songs we should cover?

Time Is Running Out is a good choice. I've played it a my last two gigs and it's great if you can get the crowd singing with you.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
I think AC/DC fits too.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Dean Michael Schenker Custom
Ibanez MTM1
Ibanez Canary Chorus
Ibanez Shark Distortion
Boss CS-3
Dunlop DB01 Dimbag Crybaby From Hell
hmm, well we do have War Pigs and Back in Black in our arsenal also. So ill add those to the list.
Rock and roll all nite - Kiss
Jump - Van Halen
Anarchy in the U.K. - Sex Pistols
Blitzkrieg bop - The Ramones
Freya - The sword
Killing is my bussiness - Megadeth
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
I wouldnt lay anyreally heavy music, i would stick to mostly pretty mainstream stuff. i would mostly to pop rock and the classics like aerosmith, the stones, beatles, clapton, and skynyrd because of teh huge range of ages.
Whell this guy seems like an extreme douche. Play ONLY CLASSICS AND WHATEVER IS ON THE TOP 40! Seriously! That ****ign anoyying song by Fall out boy, Iron Man by Black Sabbath (good song, just over played in my opinion), Greenday, anything that you think is generic, play it!

Also, don't worry about your Bassist. that guy will probably just turn him off. Same thing goes for your drummer. Just a snare and a kick and a highhat will do. He will turn off everything else. He will turn the guitar and the singer WAY too loud!

Sad but true.