i'm lookin to compile a mix cd of southern metal songs, i.e. "stone the crow" by down any other songs i'm lookin for 10-15 any and all suggestions welcome. (oh and i don't know where to post this and since this is the pit i figured why not start here)
Quote by drugfreeboy
i'm lookin to compile a mix cd of southern metal songs, i.e. "stone the crow" by down any other songs i'm lookin for 10-15 any and all suggestions welcome. (oh and i don't know where to post this and since this is the pit i figured why not start here)

suggestion1...stop listening to southern metal.
i grew up in the south bro. i like southern rock and southern metal. thank god i don't like country. but i'll move it there. thanks for the help.
i've listend to alot of it. my moms a big country fan i'm not. so hence the thank god i don't like country comment. sorry if i offended ya bro.
thanks bro any songs in perticular though. oh and the metal community just thrashed me for it. so any other places or would anyone here help me?
I´m starting to find this threat quite amusing.
killing moon
has come too soon
Brand New Sin
Corrosion Of Conformity
Also check out stoner metal, it's kind of a sub-genre of southern metal. Bands like:
Alabama Thunderpussy
Orange Goblin
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Yeah the metal forum is a little bit intolerant tbh, the recommendations thread in there is very helpful though.
A few of my favourites....

Crowbar - The lasting dose, Repulsive in its splendid beauty, Decembers Spawn, Coming Down

Acidbath - What colour is death, god machine, finger paintings of the insane, graveflower, 13 fingers

Down - Lifer, Underneath everything
Acidbath-Cassie Eats Cockraoches
Acidbath-Jezebel
Corrosion of Conformity-Over Me
Corrosion of Conformity-Man or Ash
Corrosion of Conformity-Redemption City (Actually, all of their cds are really good, minus a few songs here and there)

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Member #9 of the Carvin club