I know theres alot of these kinds of threads already, but this ones asking something a little different. There is a song I am trying to learn to play and sing at the same time. I can sing along fine, and I can play along fine. I can even play and sing the chorus at the same time absolutely no problem . However, for the verses and such, I just cant do it. Recently, ive been practicing the song on guitar, while reading along to the lyrics, and singing them in my head, to try to get myself prepared for singing them aloud. Is this a good way, that would actually work, or am I just wasting my time here? Ive been able to forget about playing guitar, and actually hear the lyrics being sung in my head, while I was playing, but its when I think to go speak that everything jumbles up again.
When I try to, I just get the playing down cold, first of all, and try to hear the words in my head as I play. Then when I try to actually play and sing, I just do it. I just go for it no matter how awkward it feels, and that works some of the time. When it doesn't, I just take it step by step and take baby steps into it.

Have you read the Singing and Playing article in the MT Sticky?
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
When I try to, I just get the playing down cold, first of all, and try to hear the words in my head as I play. Then when I try to actually play and sing, I just do it. I just go for it no matter how awkward it feels, and that works some of the time. When it doesn't, I just take it step by step and take baby steps into it.

Have you read the Singing and Playing article in the MT Sticky?

I have, and I also try to do it in baby steps but...how exactly can you do it baby steps?
Well, I just sing it slowly and get an idea of how the playing matches the words. Like, is there are chord that is played right after you sing the word "All"/ Things like that. Basically just break it down.
dude i got this problem with downfall really hard to play the lead while singing but i tried 2 play the rythm it turned out fine
Quote by RedMoonMan
Cause Your A Weak Ass Little Bitch!!!!

Quote by grim1
Says the person with a White Stripes avatar.

loool fucked yu right didnt he?
i used to have this problem as well. eventually i stopped thinking about it as playing the guitar and singing and started to think of it as one big instrument. this also made my singing better overall.