Me and some friends just competed in the school talent show and got second price for performing a song we wrote. there is another talent show coming up and we want to do something that everyone knows. We want to do a good classic rock song or an older rock song like elvis chuck berry or jerry lee lewis and just make it our own. I'm open to any suggestions you guys might think would be cool to do. Anything from 1954- to the 80's is what we are looking for. So please....give me some suggestions
The blues had a child...it was called rock and roll
If you do a Chuck Berry song you simply have to introduce it with "Open your mouth baby... Here it comes"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
how long you been playing?
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
I'd say anything from the first half of Rush - All the World's A Stage. That is:

Bastille Day
Anthem
Fly By Night --> In the Mood
Something For Nothing
Lakeside Park

I'd also recommend the songs (also by Rush) Working Man, What You're Doing, and Finding My Way, each from their first album.

You could cover the Black Crowes version of Hard to Handle (not CR but has the same general tone), or Jealous Again. Those would each be great.

Zeppelin songs would be:

The Ocean
Rock and Roll
Black Dog
Celebreation Day
Over the Hills and Far Away
Communication Breakdwon
Whole Lotta Love (How the West Was Won version, covers and all mid song)
Good Times Bad Times
How Many More Times

Those are only a few suggestions. You could also re-create All Along the Watchtower with some sort of big extended solo, as long as it sounds good. If you'd like any more suggestions, or have any question about any of the said songs, PM me, or go into the respective threads for some discussion on em for other peoples advice too.

The song Working Man, by the way, has some great extended jamming potential
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Since I've Been Loving You FTW!
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Lost_Rose
how long you been playing?

i've been playing a little over 2 years...so im good enough...but the guy that is playing lead for me is 18 and has been playing since he was 10...he is a guitar god....he can play just about anything...im going to be playing mostly rythym...i might have a solo though..just depends on the difficulty of the song
The blues had a child...it was called rock and roll
These types of threads are really getting on my nerves. I really want to report you for this but I'll hold back for now. Seriously people need to stop posting this stuff.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
This thread, in the future, should go in the Bandleading forum area, now that I've read through it some.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^ Should this be reported?
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
The Beatles- Back in the USSR
Steely Dan- Josie
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Play either The Neocromancer by Rush, Oh-No by Frank Zappa, or Revolution #9 by The Beatles.
i've been playing a little over 2 years...so im good enough...but the guy that is playing lead for me is 18 and has been playing since he was 10...he is a guitar god....he can play just about anything...im going to be playing mostly rythym...i might have a solo though..just depends on the difficulty of the song

don't think an admin. can get rid of me that easy, cutie... don't be jealous that i can actually write either, at most i step up... and at least 2 people have told you not to talk shit about gays, and yet you still keep doing it... stop, dude, and reach a mature level of mind that realizes that gays are human, and humans are shit... so don't treat one level of shit to the next... we are all shit, don't single one area out... got it baby? go **** yourself, while your 300 lb. gf watches...
^^what are you talking about?
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by TheTripleThreat
don't think an admin. can get rid of me that easy, cutie... don't be jealous that i can actually write either, at most i step up... and at least 2 people have told you not to talk shit about gays, and yet you still keep doing it... stop, dude, and reach a mature level of mind that realizes that gays are human, and humans are shit... so don't treat one level of shit to the next... we are all shit, don't single one area out... got it baby? go **** yourself, while your 300 lb. gf watches...

Did you forget to take your medication...? If not, wow thats one long song title.

Anyway A lot of people know Stairway, so you could play that?

Edit: looking at your occupation, i think your drunk.
I Wanna Rock! Twisted sister that'd be a good one or schools out-alice cooper ....idk
Rokken With Dokken!