Hey does anybody know of a pedal that will change my guitars tuning. I obviously dont want it to actually change the tuning, but make the pickups and everything think that it is in a diffrent tuning. If you dont know what im talking about look at the stupid @$$ stratocaster VG.
I dont think its possibly matey, it would have to use MIDI samples or sumin....

I could be wrong though, I have been before.
aww, the title i thought you had a tuning pedal fettish.
i wanted to laugh at you aswell.
=(
a digitech whammy pedal will do it. itll make every note sound a step lower on the right setting
youd have to have a specific pickup, a pedal wouldnt be able to do it all on its own. The only other option is to use a midi system of some sort, and youd have to get a specific pedal to go with that as well.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
what does the stratocaster VG use? I think it said it still uses normal pickups. On that one it can change to drop D and some other ones.
Whammy Pedal will do it, but only on individual strings. You'll find that using a barre chord won't work with a whammy - it'll get garbled and unclear, pushing the pitch irradically. So if you only wanna do one note at a time, then a whammy pedal will do it.
Digitech Whammy, or EX-7 (just has a whammy on it)
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by pinky_demon
what does the stratocaster VG use? I think it said it still uses normal pickups. On that one it can change to drop D and some other ones.

The VG Strat has a Midi pickup built in to use with Rolands V-Guitar synth thing. It wont change your tunings tho. The only guitar I know that does that is the Line 6 Variax series guitars. Beware with those guitars, i hear the cheaper models break very easily.
Fender Tele > Line 6 Verbzilla > Line 6 DL4 > Line 6 Podxt (With Model Packs and FBV Shortboard) > Yorkville 300-watt Poweramp > Marshall 1960BV